Digital TV News: Kirk Barker
Cinnafilm partners with Technicolor on HDR conversion solution
Feb 7, 2019 – Cinnafilm and Technicolor have announced a partnership to combine their strengths and abilities in image processing and color conversion to provide a file-based solution for High Dynamic Range (HDR) conversions from Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) source material.
News categories: Cinnafilm, Technicolor, Lance Maurer, Kirk Barker, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
ALi to incorporate Advanced HDR from Technicolor in STB chipsets
Jan 8, 2018 – ALi Corp has announced that its upcoming generation of chipsets will feature Advanced HDR from Technicolor. Advanced HDR combines HDR with Technicolor Intelligent Tone Management (ITM), an SDR to HDR conversion tool.
News categories: ALi Corp, Technicolor, Daniel Huang, Kirk Barker, Frederic Guillanneuf, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set