Digital TV News: Leslie Moonves
CBS launches 24/7 direct-to-consumer streaming network for sports
Feb 26, 2018 – CBS has launched CBS SPORTS HQ, a 24-hour streaming sports news network offering news, highlights and analysis, easily accessible for free on connected devices. The new digital network is a collaboration between CBS Sports and CBS Interactive.
News categories: CBS Corp, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Sean McManus, Digital TV, OTT, USA
CBS to acquire Network Ten in Australia
Aug 28, 2017 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) has agreed to acquire Network Ten, one of three major commercial broadcast networks in Australia. Using Network Ten’s linear and digital assets, CBS will launch CBS All Access in the Australian market.
News categories: CBS Corp, Network Ten, Leslie Moonves, Armando Nuñez, Australia, Digital TV, MnA, OTT
CBS All Access to expand globally
Aug 7, 2017 – CBS has announced that it is expanding the availability of CBS All Access internationally. The Company’s digital SVOD and live streaming service, will launch initially in Canada in the first half of 2018, with other markets to follow.
News categories: CBS Corp, Leslie Moonves, Canada, Digital TV, OTT
SHOWTIME stand-alone service to launch on July 12th
Jun 3, 2015 – For the first time ever, SHOWTIME will be offered over the internet as a stand-alone streaming service launching in early July, with Apple as its first partner. Additional platforms and providers will be announced soon.
News categories: Showtime Networks, CBS Corp, Matthew C. Blank, Leslie Moonves, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Showtime to be available OTT in 2015
Nov 5, 2014 – Speaking on CBS's third quarter 2014 results conference call, Leslie Moonves, the company's Chief Executive Officer, said that CBS's Showtime premium channels will be available as an OTT service in 2015.
News categories: CBS Corp, Showtime, Leslie Moonves, Digital TV, OTT, USA
CBS offers its programmes direct to consumers
Oct 16, 2014 – CBS has announced the launch of CBS All Access, a digital subscription video on demand and Nielsen-measured live streaming service for the CBS Television Network.
News categories: CBS Corp, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Marc DeBevoise, Peter Dunn, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV