Digital TV News: Leslie Moonves
CBS launches 24/7 direct-to-consumer streaming network for sports
Feb 26, 2018 – CBS has launched CBS SPORTS HQ, a 24-hour streaming sports news network offering news, highlights and analysis, easily accessible for free on connected devices. The new digital network is a collaboration between CBS Sports and CBS Interactive.
News categories: CBS Corp, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Sean McManus, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
CBS to acquire Network Ten in Australia
Aug 28, 2017 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) has agreed to acquire Network Ten, one of three major commercial broadcast networks in Australia. Using Network Ten’s linear and digital assets, CBS will launch CBS All Access in the Australian market.
News categories: CBS Corp, Network Ten, Leslie Moonves, Armando Nuñez, Australia, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
CBS All Access to expand globally
Aug 7, 2017 – CBS has announced that it is expanding the availability of CBS All Access internationally. The Company’s digital SVOD and live streaming service, will launch initially in Canada in the first half of 2018, with other markets to follow.
News categories: CBS Corp, Leslie Moonves, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
SHOWTIME stand-alone service to launch on July 12th
Jun 3, 2015 – For the first time ever, SHOWTIME will be offered over the internet as a stand-alone streaming service launching in early July, with Apple as its first partner. Additional platforms and providers will be announced soon.
News categories: Showtime Networks, CBS Corp, Matthew C. Blank, Leslie Moonves, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Showtime to be available OTT in 2015
Nov 5, 2014 – Speaking on CBS's third quarter 2014 results conference call, Leslie Moonves, the company's Chief Executive Officer, said that CBS's Showtime premium channels will be available as an OTT service in 2015.
News categories: CBS Corp, Showtime, Leslie Moonves, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
CBS offers its programmes direct to consumers
Oct 16, 2014 – CBS has announced the launch of CBS All Access, a digital subscription video on demand and Nielsen-measured live streaming service for the CBS Television Network.
News categories: CBS Corp, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Marc DeBevoise, Peter Dunn, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way