Digital TV News: Leslie Moonves
CBS launches 24/7 direct-to-consumer streaming network for sports
Feb 26, 2018 – CBS has launched CBS SPORTS HQ, a 24-hour streaming sports news network offering news, highlights and analysis, easily accessible for free on connected devices. The new digital network is a collaboration between CBS Sports and CBS Interactive.
News categories: CBS Corp, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Sean McManus, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
CBS to acquire Network Ten in Australia
Aug 28, 2017 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) has agreed to acquire Network Ten, one of three major commercial broadcast networks in Australia. Using Network Ten’s linear and digital assets, CBS will launch CBS All Access in the Australian market.
News categories: CBS Corp, Network Ten, Leslie Moonves, Armando Nuñez, Australia, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
CBS All Access to expand globally
Aug 7, 2017 – CBS has announced that it is expanding the availability of CBS All Access internationally. The Company’s digital SVOD and live streaming service, will launch initially in Canada in the first half of 2018, with other markets to follow.
News categories: CBS Corp, Leslie Moonves, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
SHOWTIME stand-alone service to launch on July 12th
Jun 3, 2015 – For the first time ever, SHOWTIME will be offered over the internet as a stand-alone streaming service launching in early July, with Apple as its first partner. Additional platforms and providers will be announced soon.
News categories: Showtime Networks, CBS Corp, Matthew C. Blank, Leslie Moonves, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Showtime to be available OTT in 2015
Nov 5, 2014 – Speaking on CBS's third quarter 2014 results conference call, Leslie Moonves, the company's Chief Executive Officer, said that CBS's Showtime premium channels will be available as an OTT service in 2015.
News categories: CBS Corp, Showtime, Leslie Moonves, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
CBS offers its programmes direct to consumers
Oct 16, 2014 – CBS has announced the launch of CBS All Access, a digital subscription video on demand and Nielsen-measured live streaming service for the CBS Television Network.
News categories: CBS Corp, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Marc DeBevoise, Peter Dunn, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV
- IAS offers ad verification solution on APS Connections Marketplace
- Charter to acquire assets of Maine-based Bee Line Cable
- FreeWheel: FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
- GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
- ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
- Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland