Digital TV News: Leslie Moonves
CBS launches 24/7 direct-to-consumer streaming network for sports
Feb 26, 2018 – CBS has launched CBS SPORTS HQ, a 24-hour streaming sports news network offering news, highlights and analysis, easily accessible for free on connected devices. The new digital network is a collaboration between CBS Sports and CBS Interactive.
News categories: CBS Corp, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Sean McManus, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
CBS to acquire Network Ten in Australia
Aug 28, 2017 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) has agreed to acquire Network Ten, one of three major commercial broadcast networks in Australia. Using Network Ten’s linear and digital assets, CBS will launch CBS All Access in the Australian market.
News categories: CBS Corp, Network Ten, Leslie Moonves, Armando Nuñez, Australia, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
CBS All Access to expand globally
Aug 7, 2017 – CBS has announced that it is expanding the availability of CBS All Access internationally. The Company’s digital SVOD and live streaming service, will launch initially in Canada in the first half of 2018, with other markets to follow.
News categories: CBS Corp, Leslie Moonves, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
SHOWTIME stand-alone service to launch on July 12th
Jun 3, 2015 – For the first time ever, SHOWTIME will be offered over the internet as a stand-alone streaming service launching in early July, with Apple as its first partner. Additional platforms and providers will be announced soon.
News categories: Showtime Networks, CBS Corp, Matthew C. Blank, Leslie Moonves, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Showtime to be available OTT in 2015
Nov 5, 2014 – Speaking on CBS's third quarter 2014 results conference call, Leslie Moonves, the company's Chief Executive Officer, said that CBS's Showtime premium channels will be available as an OTT service in 2015.
News categories: CBS Corp, Showtime, Leslie Moonves, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
CBS offers its programmes direct to consumers
Oct 16, 2014 – CBS has announced the launch of CBS All Access, a digital subscription video on demand and Nielsen-measured live streaming service for the CBS Television Network.
News categories: CBS Corp, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Marc DeBevoise, Peter Dunn, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues