Digital TV News: Leslie Moonves
CBS launches 24/7 direct-to-consumer streaming network for sports
Feb 26, 2018 – CBS has launched CBS SPORTS HQ, a 24-hour streaming sports news network offering news, highlights and analysis, easily accessible for free on connected devices. The new digital network is a collaboration between CBS Sports and CBS Interactive.
News categories: CBS Corp, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Sean McManus, Digital TV, OTT, USA
CBS to acquire Network Ten in Australia
Aug 28, 2017 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) has agreed to acquire Network Ten, one of three major commercial broadcast networks in Australia. Using Network Ten’s linear and digital assets, CBS will launch CBS All Access in the Australian market.
News categories: CBS Corp, Network Ten, Leslie Moonves, Armando Nuñez, Australia, Digital TV, MandA, OTT
CBS All Access to expand globally
Aug 7, 2017 – CBS has announced that it is expanding the availability of CBS All Access internationally. The Company’s digital SVOD and live streaming service, will launch initially in Canada in the first half of 2018, with other markets to follow.
News categories: CBS Corp, Leslie Moonves, Canada, Digital TV, OTT
SHOWTIME stand-alone service to launch on July 12th
Jun 3, 2015 – For the first time ever, SHOWTIME will be offered over the internet as a stand-alone streaming service launching in early July, with Apple as its first partner. Additional platforms and providers will be announced soon.
News categories: Showtime Networks, CBS Corp, Matthew C. Blank, Leslie Moonves, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Showtime to be available OTT in 2015
Nov 5, 2014 – Speaking on CBS's third quarter 2014 results conference call, Leslie Moonves, the company's Chief Executive Officer, said that CBS's Showtime premium channels will be available as an OTT service in 2015.
News categories: CBS Corp, Showtime, Leslie Moonves, Digital TV, OTT, USA
CBS offers its programmes direct to consumers
Oct 16, 2014 – CBS has announced the launch of CBS All Access, a digital subscription video on demand and Nielsen-measured live streaming service for the CBS Television Network.
News categories: CBS Corp, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Marc DeBevoise, Peter Dunn, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics