Digital TV News: Limelight Networks
CDN market expected to more than double to $23.9 billion by 2030
Mar 22, 2022 – ABI Research expects the global CDN market to more than double by 2030, reaching $23.9 billion. The growth is driven in part by services beyond core content delivery and caching. The buildup to the metaverse will create additional growth opportunities.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Limelight to acquire Yahoo's Edgecast
Mar 7, 2022 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Yahoo's Edgecast, a provider of edge security, content delivery and video services, in an all-stock transaction.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Edgecast, Bob Lyons, Jim Lanzone, Reed Rayman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Limelight caching technology adopted by NTT DOCOMO
Oct 28, 2021 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) has announced that Limelight's EdgeXtend has been adopted by NTT DOCOMO to expand its content business and improve user experiences for viewers across Japan.
News categories: Limelight, NTT DOCOMO, Takayuki Tadokoro, Takashi Ito, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming
Limelight Network cuts workforce by 16%
Mar 18, 2021 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) has announced actions that it is taking to improve execution, profitability and accelerate growth. This has involved reducing the company’s workforce by 16%.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Bob Lyons, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
All-time high for streaming video according to Limelight Networks
Oct 14, 2020 – Online video is more popular than ever with the average global viewer watching nearly eight hours (seven hours, 55 minutes) per week, according to a report commissioned by Limelight Networks.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Nigel Burmeister, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
Sep 22, 2020 – Limelight (Nasdaq: LLNW) has announced that SimulTV has selected its Edge Compute services to help deliver more than 130 live, online channels worldwide. SimulTV's entire workflow now operates inside the Limelight platform.
News categories: Limelight, SimulTV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Serverless computing added to Limelight Edge Platform
Sep 8, 2020 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) has expanded its edge capabilities by launching EdgeFunctions, a serverless compute service which allows developers to tap into the power of the company’s global network and gives them the flexibility to deploy and run their own code.
News categories: Limelight, NAGRA, Bob Lento, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Dave McCarthy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
Mar 24, 2020 – Limelight (Nasdaq: LLNW) has introduced EdgeFunctions, a distributed serverless computing capability. EdgeFunctions allows developers to run code in Limelight's CDN locations, taking advantage of the company's global scale.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Nigel Burmeister, Ghassan Abdo, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Limelight Networks releases State of Online Video 2019 report
Oct 24, 2019 – Around the world, streaming video viewing has reached an all-time high of six hours, 48 minutes a week, with 82% of viewers binge-watching shows online, according to a report from Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW).
News categories: Limelight Networks, Michael Milligan, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
- Vewd acquired by Xperi
- FIFA+ to launch on Hisense VIDAA TVs ahead of World Cup
- inext provides Android STB for Kyivstar in Ukraine
- iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
- 58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience