Digital TV News: Malcolm Johnson
Broadband Forum promotes G.fast for Ultra HD broadband access
Dec 8, 2014 – The Broadband Forum has announced support for the new ITU-T ultra broadband access standard, G.fast, as a way to deliver bandwidth intensive consumer applications such as 4K Ultra High-Definition TV (4K UHD) and cloud-based consumer applications.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Consumer Electronics Association, International Telecommunication Union, Robin Mersh, Gary Shapiro, Malcolm Johnson, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Worldwide
OKI completes IPv6-based 4K video distribution trial
Mar 21, 2013 – OKI (TOKYO:6703) recently concluded successful trials based on the OKI MediaServer video distribution system as part of efforts to promote ITU-T IPTV Standards. These trials involved the distribution of 4K video content based on state-of-the-art IPTV technologies.
News categories: Oki Electric, Content Distribution, IPTV
ITU-T Ratifies G.hn Standard for Wired Home Networking
Oct 9, 2009 – The HomeGrid Forum has announced that the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T) has successfully agreed upon the key components of the G.hn specification at its meeting held at the United Nations in Geneva.
News categories: HomeGrid Forum, ITU-T, Smart Home
New global standard for fully networked home
Dec 12, 2008 – The first global standard offering an in-home, high-speed network capable of delivering room-to-room HDTV has been agreed by ITU. The 'G.hn' standard promises high quality multimedia over power, coaxial, phone and other home network wiring.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, HomeGrid Forum, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, Set Top Box, Smart Home
IPTV Focus Group online standards compendium
Apr 16, 2008 – The proceedings of the IPTV Focus Group (IPTV FG) have been collected in an online document. They are the result of 20 months hard work by the Focus Group which has now been passed on to the IPTV-GSI (global standards initiative).
News categories: IPTV Focus Group, Digital TV, IPTV
ITU announces first global set of standards for IPTV
Dec 18, 2007 – The standards were built with technical contributions from leading service providers and manufacturers from the information and communication technology (ICT) sector and cement ITU's role as the global leader in IPTV standards development.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV, IPTV
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
- ThinkAnalytics integrates Gracenote Personalized Imagery
- CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
- Verimatrix CA chosen for digital TV switchover initiative in Nigeria