Digital TV News: Malcolm Johnson
Broadband Forum promotes G.fast for Ultra HD broadband access
Dec 8, 2014 – The Broadband Forum has announced support for the new ITU-T ultra broadband access standard, G.fast, as a way to deliver bandwidth intensive consumer applications such as 4K Ultra High-Definition TV (4K UHD) and cloud-based consumer applications.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Consumer Electronics Association, International Telecommunication Union, Robin Mersh, Gary Shapiro, Malcolm Johnson, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Worldwide
OKI completes IPv6-based 4K video distribution trial
Mar 21, 2013 – OKI (TOKYO:6703) recently concluded successful trials based on the OKI MediaServer video distribution system as part of efforts to promote ITU-T IPTV Standards. These trials involved the distribution of 4K video content based on state-of-the-art IPTV technologies.
News categories: Oki Electric, Content Distribution, IPTV
ITU-T Ratifies G.hn Standard for Wired Home Networking
Oct 9, 2009 – The HomeGrid Forum has announced that the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T) has successfully agreed upon the key components of the G.hn specification at its meeting held at the United Nations in Geneva.
News categories: HomeGrid Forum, ITU-T, Smart Home
New global standard for fully networked home
Dec 12, 2008 – The first global standard offering an in-home, high-speed network capable of delivering room-to-room HDTV has been agreed by ITU. The 'G.hn' standard promises high quality multimedia over power, coaxial, phone and other home network wiring.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, HomeGrid Forum, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, Set Top Box, Smart Home
IPTV Focus Group online standards compendium
Apr 16, 2008 – The proceedings of the IPTV Focus Group (IPTV FG) have been collected in an online document. They are the result of 20 months hard work by the Focus Group which has now been passed on to the IPTV-GSI (global standards initiative).
News categories: IPTV Focus Group, Digital TV, IPTV
ITU announces first global set of standards for IPTV
Dec 18, 2007 – The standards were built with technical contributions from leading service providers and manufacturers from the information and communication technology (ICT) sector and cement ITU's role as the global leader in IPTV standards development.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV, IPTV
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA