Digital TV News: Malcolm Johnson
Broadband Forum promotes G.fast for Ultra HD broadband access
Dec 8, 2014 – The Broadband Forum has announced support for the new ITU-T ultra broadband access standard, G.fast, as a way to deliver bandwidth intensive consumer applications such as 4K Ultra High-Definition TV (4K UHD) and cloud-based consumer applications.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Consumer Electronics Association, International Telecommunication Union, Robin Mersh, Gary Shapiro, Malcolm Johnson, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Worldwide
OKI completes IPv6-based 4K video distribution trial
Mar 21, 2013 – OKI (TOKYO:6703) recently concluded successful trials based on the OKI MediaServer video distribution system as part of efforts to promote ITU-T IPTV Standards. These trials involved the distribution of 4K video content based on state-of-the-art IPTV technologies.
News categories: Oki Electric, Content Distribution, IPTV
ITU-T Ratifies G.hn Standard for Wired Home Networking
Oct 9, 2009 – The HomeGrid Forum has announced that the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T) has successfully agreed upon the key components of the G.hn specification at its meeting held at the United Nations in Geneva.
News categories: HomeGrid Forum, ITU-T, Smart Home
New global standard for fully networked home
Dec 12, 2008 – The first global standard offering an in-home, high-speed network capable of delivering room-to-room HDTV has been agreed by ITU. The 'G.hn' standard promises high quality multimedia over power, coaxial, phone and other home network wiring.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, HomeGrid Forum, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, Set Top Box, Smart Home
IPTV Focus Group online standards compendium
Apr 16, 2008 – The proceedings of the IPTV Focus Group (IPTV FG) have been collected in an online document. They are the result of 20 months hard work by the Focus Group which has now been passed on to the IPTV-GSI (global standards initiative).
News categories: IPTV Focus Group, Digital TV, IPTV
ITU announces first global set of standards for IPTV
Dec 18, 2007 – The standards were built with technical contributions from leading service providers and manufacturers from the information and communication technology (ICT) sector and cement ITU's role as the global leader in IPTV standards development.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV, IPTV
- TV Sarpi/Ayety selects inext STBs for OK.TV service in Georgia
- Ad tiering pays off as 36% of U.S. subscribers upgrade to avoid ads
- Ateme SSAI supports latest HLS Interstitials spec. from Apple
- Walmart agrees to acquire VIZIO
- Veira to introduce TVs with Tizen OS
- Demand expected for ad-supported streaming subscriptions in Sweden
- Samsung ranked No. 1 global TV brand for 18th consecutive year
- Liberty Global to spin-off 100% of Sunrise to shareholders
- Télédiffusion d’Algérie expands offering on EUTELSAT 7 West A
- Netflix to lose leadership in Arabic countries
- M6 to develop new streaming platform with Bedrock
- Roku surpasses 80 million active accounts
- Now TV launches Hong Kong's first addressable TV advertising service
- Nexxen integrates streaming viewership data from PeerLogix
- DISH Media partners with PubMatic on programmatic for SLING TV
- Smart TV growth expands big-screen dominance in 2023
- Channel Master launches Zinwell NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 16.8% in 2023
- castLabs' DRM and Synamedia forensic watermarking for new Plex TVOD service
- Triveni Digital to show ATSC 3.0 solutions at BES Expo