Digital TV News: Malcolm Johnson
Broadband Forum promotes G.fast for Ultra HD broadband access
Dec 8, 2014 – The Broadband Forum has announced support for the new ITU-T ultra broadband access standard, G.fast, as a way to deliver bandwidth intensive consumer applications such as 4K Ultra High-Definition TV (4K UHD) and cloud-based consumer applications.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Consumer Electronics Association, International Telecommunication Union, Robin Mersh, Gary Shapiro, Malcolm Johnson, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Worldwide
OKI completes IPv6-based 4K video distribution trial
Mar 21, 2013 – OKI (TOKYO:6703) recently concluded successful trials based on the OKI MediaServer video distribution system as part of efforts to promote ITU-T IPTV Standards. These trials involved the distribution of 4K video content based on state-of-the-art IPTV technologies.
News categories: Oki Electric, Content Distribution, IPTV
ITU-T Ratifies G.hn Standard for Wired Home Networking
Oct 9, 2009 – The HomeGrid Forum has announced that the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T) has successfully agreed upon the key components of the G.hn specification at its meeting held at the United Nations in Geneva.
News categories: HomeGrid Forum, ITU-T, Smart Home
New global standard for fully networked home
Dec 12, 2008 – The first global standard offering an in-home, high-speed network capable of delivering room-to-room HDTV has been agreed by ITU. The 'G.hn' standard promises high quality multimedia over power, coaxial, phone and other home network wiring.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, HomeGrid Forum, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, Set Top Box, Smart Home
IPTV Focus Group online standards compendium
Apr 16, 2008 – The proceedings of the IPTV Focus Group (IPTV FG) have been collected in an online document. They are the result of 20 months hard work by the Focus Group which has now been passed on to the IPTV-GSI (global standards initiative).
News categories: IPTV Focus Group, Digital TV, IPTV
ITU announces first global set of standards for IPTV
Dec 18, 2007 – The standards were built with technical contributions from leading service providers and manufacturers from the information and communication technology (ICT) sector and cement ITU's role as the global leader in IPTV standards development.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV, IPTV
- Vewd acquired by Xperi
- FIFA+ to launch on Hisense VIDAA TVs ahead of World Cup
- inext provides Android STB for Kyivstar in Ukraine
- iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
- 58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience