Digital TV News: Mark Richer
ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
Dec 2, 2013 – The ATSC has elevated the A/105 'Interactive Services' system to Candidate Standard. A key element of the emerging ATSC 2.0 standard, A/105 is designed to enable the marriage of Internet-delivered and broadcast content.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Mark Richer, Digital TV, Mobile, Terrestrial, USA
ATSC Invites Proposals for Next-Generation TV Broadcasting Technologies
Mar 26, 2013 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) has announced a call for proposals for the 'physical layer' of this next-generation broadcast TV standard that in the years ahead could replace the current digital broadcasting systems used in the United States and around the world.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
ATSC forms Implementation Team for ATSC 2.0
Jan 22, 2013 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) has announced the formation of new Implementation Teams for two new emerging standards - ATSC 2.0 and the Mobile Emergency Alert System (M-EAS).
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, ATSC 3, Terrestrial, USA
ATSC Adopts Standard For Transmission Of Non-Real-Time Digital TV Content
May 29, 2012 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee has announced the approval of the ATSC NRT (Non-Real-Time) Content Delivery standard, a backwards-compatible enhancement to digital TV broadcasting that allows broadcasters to deliver file-based content.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, ATSC 3, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
New ATSC Digital TV Standards Demonstrated at 2012 NAB Show
Apr 13, 2012 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) will highlight new innovations at the 2012 NAB Show. ATSC is also one of the leading organizations driving the global 'Future of Broadcast TV' (FoBTV) initiative.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, ATSC 3, Metaverse, Mobile, NABShow, Terrestrial
Committee produces HEVC/H.265 MPEG codec draft specification
Feb 10, 2012 – ISO/IEC's Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) has announced the completion of the ISO/IEC committee draft of the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) [H.265] standard.
News categories: Moving Picture Experts Group, High Efficiency Video Coding, Digital TV, Streaming, TV Services
ATSC 3.0 Technology Group To Explore Next-Generation Broadcasting
Sep 6, 2011 – The ATSC has formed a new technology group to develop 'ATSC 3.0,' a series of voluntary standards and recommended practices for a next-generation digital terrestrial TV broadcast system that would serve viewers and TV stations for decades to come.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Metaverse, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
ATSC Begins Work on Broadcast Standard for 3D-TV Transmissions
Aug 15, 2011 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) has launched development of a three-dimensional (3D) broadcast TV standard that will provide methods for transmission of 3D-TV content to both fixed and mobile devices.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Metaverse, Mobile, Terrestrial, USA
New Mobile Digital TV Technologies, Innovative Demos Show Bright Future for America's TV Broadcasters
Apr 11, 2011 – During the 2011 NAB Show, broadcast industry executives will get their first glimpse at the latest Mobile DTV products now reaching retail stores as well as pioneering demonstrations of the flexible broadcast standard's future capabilities.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Advanced Television Systems Committee, Mobile, NABShow, USA
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution