Digital TV News: Michele Levine
Potential 17 million+ market for Apple TV+ in Australia
Apr 5, 2019 – Apple’s new streaming TV service, Apple TV+, is debuting later this year in Australia. The potential market is huge, according to Roy Morgan Research. Over 17 million currently access streaming video services or own Apple-branded devices capable of accessing streaming video services.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Apple, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
Mar 18, 2019 – According to Roy Morgan, nearly 14 million Australians now have access to some form of Pay TV/Subscription TV, up 11.8% on a year ago, and it’s not just Netflix driving the increase with large year-over-year increases for several SVOD services.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers
Addressable TV advertising technology already reaches over 9 million Australians
Aug 26, 2018 – Addressable TV advertising technologies allow advertisers to segment TV audiences and serve different ads within a common program or navigation screen. Research from Roy Morgan shows that over 9 million Australians are already using the devices and services that this kind of technology requires.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Netflix on verge of 2 million viewers in New Zealand
Aug 13, 2018 – According to Roy Morgan Research, Netflix is growing even faster in New Zealand than across the Tasman in Australia. Nearly 2 million New Zealanders in the June 2018 quarter had a Netflix subscription in their household – up over 35% on a year ago.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, Streaming, Subscribers
Netflix set to pass 10 million user mark in Australia
Aug 3, 2018 – According to Roy Morgan Research, Netflix has continued its impressive growth over the last year with over 9.8 million Australians in the June 2018 quarter now having a Netflix subscription in their household – up nearly 30% on a year ago.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
Australians spending more time online than working
Jul 23, 2018 – According to Roy Morgan Research, in the past year, Australians spent more time on the internet than working, spending just over 21.9 billion hours on the internet compared to 20.5 billion hours at work.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Addressable TV will challenge existing attitudes to TV advertising
Jul 3, 2018 – TV has been eclipsed by the internet as the largest advertising medium in Australia. According to Roy Morgan in late 2017 nearly half of Australia’s advertising spend was online. Addressable TV will, however, enable broadcasters to fight back.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Australian Netflix subscribers still watch (some) commercial TV
Jan 31, 2017 – According to Roy Morgan, Netflix subscribers in Australia watch less commercial TV than others - but not simply because they have now have SVOD. Many subscribers were already watching less commercial TV, which was a driving reason to subscribe in the first place.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Netflix subs rise in Australia - but not everyone actually watches it
Dec 1, 2016 – A second wind has lifted Netflix’s Australian audience, according to Roy Morgan Research. However while its reach is again rising, data reveals that over four in ten people with Netflix watch less than three hours a week.
News categories: Roy Morgan Research, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform