Digital TV News: OSN+
KIPCO announces deal to bring together OSN+ and Anghami
Nov 21, 2023 – KIPCO has announced that its subsidiary, OSN, has reached a deal to combine its content streaming platform, OSN+, with Anghami's music and entertainment streaming platform.
News categories: KIPCO, OSN, Sheikha Dana Nasser Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah, Joe Kawkabani, Elie Habib, Digital TV, MandA, Middle-East, Streaming
OSN+ integrates Google Cloud Vertex AI Search for Media Recommendations
Nov 13, 2023 – OSN+ has integrated Google Cloud's Vertex AI Search for Media Recommendations enabling its subscribers to interact with their own virtual assistant to provide personalized recommendations.
News categories: OSN+, Google Cloud, Joe Kawkabani, Tarek Khalil, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, UX
Arabic-speaking countries to add 13 million SVOD subscribers
Aug 17, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, there will be 28 million SVOD subscriptions across 13 Arabic countries by 2029, up from 15 million in 2023.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Streaming
OSNtv box brings TV and apps together in one place
Nov 7, 2022 – OSN has announced the launch of OSNtv box, an all-in-one product that brings together OSN exclusive and curated live TV channels, streaming, and free-to-air entertainment via a single Android device.
News categories: OSN, Joe Kawkabani, Android TV, Digital TV, Middle-East, Set Top Box
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery