Digital TV News: Partho Dasgupta
India launches premium homes viewership measurement
Jun 30, 2019 – BARC India has announced the launch of 'PrimaVU' aimed at measuring viewership from premium homes. With PrimaVU, BARC India introduces the concept of 'Viewing Minutes', the sum of all individuals watching an event and the time spent by each.
News categories: BARC India, Partho Dasgupta, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India
Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
May 15, 2019 – Media measurement bodies, BARC (India), Médiamétrie (France), Numeris (Canada) and Video Research (Japan) have announced that they will collaborate on future audience measurement initiatives including the development of common technical standards and operational processes.
News categories: BARC India, Médiamétrie, Numeris, Video Research, Partho Dasgupta, Bruno Chetaille, Neil McEneaney, Yuzuru Kato, Brad Bedford, Advertising, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, France, India, Japan
BARC India to integrate TV and Out of Home TV viewership
Mar 25, 2019 – BARC India has added another offering to its suite of insight products. Starting this year, BARC India will be integrating TV and Out of Home TV viewership in its BARC India Media Workstation (BMW) software.
News categories: BARC India, Partho Dasgupta, Advertising, Big Data, India
BARC India releases Broadcast India 2018 survey
Jul 26, 2018 – BARC India has released findings from its Broadcast India (BI) 2018 Survey. According to the survey, India currently has 298 million homes, of which 197 million have a TV set, providing an opportunity for almost 100 million more TV homes in the country.
News categories: BARC India, Partho Dasgupta, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
BARC India partners with Nielsen for video measurement
Jul 4, 2017 – After announcing that its video measurement products will be made available under the EKAM brand, BARC India has appointed Nielsen India as its primary digital measurement partner. Nielsen will fuse its global experience with adaptations to meet the unique needs of the Indian market.
News categories: BARC India, Nielsen, Partho Dasgupta, Steve Hasker, Prasun Basu, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India
BARC India to roll out measurement platform for TV and Digital
Apr 10, 2017 – BARC India has announced the roll-out of its digital measurement service under the brand name EKAM. BARC India aims to provide the advertising industry with a single platform for all measurement products, across TV and Digital.
News categories: BARC India, Partho Dasgupta, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Market Research
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand