Digital TV News: Paul Erickson
61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
May 9, 2022 – Parks Associates research has found that 43% of U.S. internet households have livestreamed online content in the past three months, with sporting events by far the most popular type of content at 61% of livestreaming users.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S. OTT subscribers prefer unified bundles
Apr 21, 2022 – Parks Associates research reveals that 59% of OTT subscribers prefer one bill and one account for all their home subscription services, while 48% feel their home internet service provider adds more value when online video services subscriptions are offered.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Streaming, USA
Sony's share of U.S. Smart TV purchases grew in 2021
Apr 20, 2022 – According to Parks Associates, out of the top five U.S. brands, Sony showed clear growth, compared to 2020, for smart TVs purchased or received in the previous six months, pushing the brand past Vizio and into the top three for purchases in Q3 2021.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
70% of US broadband households have at least one streaming video device
Jan 6, 2022 – Research from Parks Associates shows that nearly 70% of US broadband households now own at least one streaming video product that is connected to the internet and fifty-six percent now own a smart TV.
News categories: Parks Associates, Bitmovin, Paul Erickson, James Varndell, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
41% of U.S. broadband households have a streaming media player
Jan 5, 2022 – According to Parks Associates' consumer data, U.S. broadband households have an average of 14.5 connected devices, with future purchase intentions still high as consumers continue to embrace entertainment technology.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Parks Associates announces 2021's Top 10 US subscription OTT video services
Dec 17, 2021 – Parks Associates has released its updated list of the top 10 US paid subscription over-the-top (OTT) video services, based on estimated numbers of subscribers through September 2021 from the firm's OTT Video Market Tracker.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Kristen Hanich, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
OTT subscriber churn rate in the U.S. at 44% in 2021
Dec 15, 2021 – A new whitepaper from Parks Associates reveals the OTT subscriber churn rate in the U.S. in 2021 is 44% and, as of Q3 2021, nearly 50% of US broadband households have four or more OTT video service subscriptions.
News categories: Parks Associates, Symphony MediaAI, Paul Erickson, Mark Moeder, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
Oct 12, 2021 – Data from Parks Associates reveals that three out of the top five factors that drive OTT service subscriptions involve content and that the inability to find relevant content is a top reason for consumers leaving a service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Nick Cicero, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Significant growth in U.S. smart TV and smart speaker/display adoption
Sep 29, 2021 – Parks Associates' Consumer Electronics Dashboard reveals that among the most commonly adopted CE device categories, smart TVs and smart speakers/displays showed significant growth during the COVID-19 pandemic.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022