Digital TV News: Pete Moller
Access Advance adds further patent owners
Aug 2, 2022 – Access Advance has announced recent additions to its list of patent owners (i.e., Licensors) participating in the VVC Advance Patent Pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Patent, Worldwide
Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
Jan 11, 2022 – Access Advance has announced that 28 companies, which together are estimated to account for a substantial percentage of the expected VVC standard essential patent (SEP) landscape, have joined as Licensors of the VVC Advance Patent Pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Access Advance launches VVC/H.266 video patent pool
Jul 1, 2021 – Access Advance has launched a VVC Advance Patent Pool. VVC provides improvements in video compression of up to 50% over HEVC. A discounted royalty rate is available to licensees of both this and the HEVC Advance patent pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Access Advance revises HEVC patent license structure
Jun 1, 2021 – Access Advance has announced a new HEVC Advance Platform Pool structure. Licensees will receive an expanded license that includes all HEVC Profiles through Version 7 at the existing Main/Main 10 royalty rates.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance eliminates content distribution royalty fees
Mar 14, 2018 – HEVC Advance has announced that it has eliminated 'subscription' and 'title-by-title' content distribution from the HEVC Advance Patent License in an effort to further accelerate HEVC adoption and support distributors to bring the best video experience to consumers.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Pete Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance begins issuing licenses
Jan 19, 2016 – HEVC Advance has announced that it has begun accepting requests for licenses to the HEVC/H.265 worldwide essential patents of its licensor companies.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Adminius, Pete Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV