Digital TV News: Peter Alexander
Harmonic and AsiaSat launch UHD channel
Jan 20, 2016 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and AsiaSat (HKSE: 1135) have announced a partnership to launch a new Ultra HD (UHD) channel '4K-SAT2/HVN', AsiaSat's second free-to-air UHD channel on AsiaSat 4 at 122 degrees East for Asia-Pacific.
News categories: Harmonic, AsiaSat, Peter Alexander, Sabrina Cubbon, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
NASA TV UHD satellite channel launches with Harmonic
Nov 10, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that NASA TV UHD, the first consumer Ultra HD (UHD) channel in North America, is now available. Using a delivery system from Harmonic, NASA's ambient video channel provides linear 2160p60 video content.
News categories: Harmonic, Peter Alexander, Digital TV, North America, Satellite
Harmonic and Intelsat to launch UHD demo channel for North America
Sep 8, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Intelsat (NYSE: I) have announced a partnership to launch HVN Intelsat UHD, a linear UHD demonstration channel for North American TV markets. This channel will be broadcast via Intelsat's Galaxy 13 satellite located at 127°W.
News categories: Harmonic, Intelsat, Peter Alexander, Peter Ostapiuk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, North America, Satellite
Harmonic to Showcase Comprehensive Solutions for Broadcast and Multiscreen Services at IBC2012
Aug 14, 2012 – At IBC2012, Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase a comprehensive range of solutions for broadcast and multiscreen production and delivery. Highlighted at the show will be solutions designed to streamline multiscreen content delivery.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Content Distribution, IBC2023, TV Everywhere
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024