Digital TV News: Peter Alexander
Harmonic and AsiaSat launch UHD channel
Jan 20, 2016 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and AsiaSat (HKSE: 1135) have announced a partnership to launch a new Ultra HD (UHD) channel '4K-SAT2/HVN', AsiaSat's second free-to-air UHD channel on AsiaSat 4 at 122 degrees East for Asia-Pacific.
News categories: Harmonic, AsiaSat, Peter Alexander, Sabrina Cubbon, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
NASA TV UHD satellite channel launches with Harmonic
Nov 10, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that NASA TV UHD, the first consumer Ultra HD (UHD) channel in North America, is now available. Using a delivery system from Harmonic, NASA's ambient video channel provides linear 2160p60 video content.
News categories: Harmonic, Peter Alexander, Digital TV, North America, Satellite
Harmonic and Intelsat to launch UHD demo channel for North America
Sep 8, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Intelsat (NYSE: I) have announced a partnership to launch HVN Intelsat UHD, a linear UHD demonstration channel for North American TV markets. This channel will be broadcast via Intelsat's Galaxy 13 satellite located at 127°W.
News categories: Harmonic, Intelsat, Peter Alexander, Peter Ostapiuk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, North America, Satellite
Harmonic to Showcase Comprehensive Solutions for Broadcast and Multiscreen Services at IBC2012
Aug 14, 2012 – At IBC2012, Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase a comprehensive range of solutions for broadcast and multiscreen production and delivery. Highlighted at the show will be solutions designed to streamline multiscreen content delivery.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Content Distribution, IBC2022, TV Everywhere
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools