Digital TV News: SRG SSR
Swiss Broadcasting protects content with Viaccess-Orca CAS
Sep 7, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Swiss Broadcasting Corporation (SRG SSR) has recently introduced a new card version of VO's Conditional Access System (CAS) for the security of its satellite TV distribution.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, SRG SSR, Pascal Birot, Simon Blumer, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Satellite, Switzerland
SRG SSR launches Swiss multilingual streaming app with You.i TV
Nov 10, 2020 – You.i TV has announced that their engine is being utilized by the SRG SSR as the underlying technology behind recently launched Play Suisse. Leveraging You.i Engine One, a small team of developers was ready for launch within just 9 months.
News categories: You.i TV, SRG SSR, Jason Flick, Michaël De Lucia, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Switzerland
SRG SSR chooses Kaltura to power Cloud TV service in Switzerland
Jun 16, 2020 – Kaltura has announced that SRG SSR, Switzerland’s national public broadcaster, has selected Kaltura TV Platform as the basis on which to build its new multi-language Cloud TV service, named 'Play Suisse'.
News categories: Kaltura, SRG SSR, Nuno Sanches, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Switzerland
Swisscom TV 2.0 brings HbbTV to SRG SSR channels
Apr 14, 2015 – Swisscom has announced that it has activated the multimedia successor to teletext. HbbTV will be available with HD programmes shown on SRG, allowing viewers to access interactive content through their internet connection.
News categories: Swisscom, Marc Werner, Digital TV, HbbTV, IPTV, Switzerland
Switzerland's SRG SSR announces HbbTV plans
Jun 21, 2012 – Swiss public broadcaster SRG SSR has announced plans for services based on the HbbTV standard. SRG SSR's Radio Télévision Suisse service is currently running a pilot, with a commercial offering due to be rolled-out by the end of the year.
News categories: SRG SSR, Cable TV, HbbTV, Satellite, Switzerland
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity