Digital TV News: Shane Cannon
Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
Jan 23, 2020 – Tulix and Vidgo have given details of their technology platform for live sports streaming and other premium channels. Vidgo is a direct-to-consumer TV provider focusing on content acquisition and product marketing. Tulix provides the underlying technology.
News categories: Tulix, Vidgo, George Bokuchava, Shane Cannon, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, USA
Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
Jan 14, 2020 – Vidgo has launched an OTT service powered by a live streaming platform from Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT). The service boasts more than 100 premium channels including ABC, Comedy Central, ESPN, Fox, and the NFL Network as well as a Latino package for Spanish-speaking viewers.
News categories: Harmonic, Vidgo, Eric Armstrong, Shane Cannon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Vidgo selects Float Left for vMVPD service app design
Apr 10, 2018 – Vidgo has selected Float Left as their technology partner in delivering their premium vMVPD service across all major platforms such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Web, and iOS and Android Mobile.
News categories: Float Left, Vidgo, Tom Schaeffer, Shane Cannon, Apps, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, USA
Vidgo chooses Harmonic to power next-generation OTT services
Apr 8, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Vidgo will launch its next-generation OTT services powered by the Harmonic VOS media processing platform. Vidgo is set to introduce its OTT services for the United States market later this year.
News categories: Harmonic, Vidgo, Tim Warren, Shane Cannon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, USA
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years