Digital TV News: Stephen White
Simple.TV selects Gracenote to power EPGs for on-screen and second screen apps
Dec 12, 2013 – Simple.TV has selected Gracenote eyeQ™ to power the electronic program guide for all digital basic cable and over-the-air programming for Simple.TV users in North America.
News categories: Gracenote, Simple.TV, Mark Ely, Stephen White, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
LG selects Gracenote to power Smart TV interface in Europe
Aug 28, 2013 – LG has selected Gracenote® to power the On Now service in its latest CINEMA 3D Smart TV lineup in Europe. Gracenote eyeQ™ will provide TV schedules and listings, movie and TV show descriptive metadata, as well as Cover Art and images.
News categories: Gracenote, LG Electronics, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
Gracenote Launches Interactive TV Platform
Jan 10, 2012 – Gracenote® has announced the launch of Gracenote Entourage™, an Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) platform. Gracenote Entourage features fingerprinting that allows smart phones and tablets to identify movies, TV programs and music in real time.
News categories: Gracenote, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Gracenote Connected TV Technologies Ship With Leading Home Entertainment Products
Jan 6, 2011 – Gracenote® has announced that its connected TV technologies have been adopted by leading home entertainment brands to bring a more interactive experience to consumers, as well as drive new revenue opportunities for manufacturers and content providers.
News categories: Gracenote, CES2023, Middleware, Smart TV
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters