Digital TV News: Steve Koepp
Microsoft Selects Symbio as a Microsoft® Mediaroom™ IPTV Set-Top Box Testing Partner
Sep 8, 2010 – Symbio has announced it has been selected as a Microsoft Mediaroom set-top box integration and testing partner. Symbio will provide software quality assurance and testing services for OEMs to test new STB models for deployment by Mediaroom's clients.
News categories: Microsoft, Symbio, Steve Koepp, Jacob Hsu, IPTV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs Unveils Low-Cost Microsoft Mediaroom Set Top Box Platform
Jul 21, 2010 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced availability of the first low-cost Microsoft Mediaroom™ compatible set top box platform based on Sigma's SMP8652 media processor SoC (system-on-chip).
News categories: Sigma Designs, Tatung, Microsoft, Ken Lowe, Luke Dang, Steve Koepp, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Samsung and Sigma Launch Second Generation Support for Microsoft® Mediaroom™
Sep 10, 2009 – Samsung (Seoul: 005930) and Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) have announced that Samsung will be delivering the SMT-E7200 line of set-top boxes, based around Sigma's SMP8654 media processor, and supporting Microsoft's Mediaroom client.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Samsung, Ken Lowe, Hee-Won Park, Steve Koepp, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Microsoft Selects S3 as Mediaroom IPTV Set-Top Box Testing Partner
Sep 8, 2009 – S3 has been selected as a Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) Mediaroom testing partner to provide set-top-box (STB) testing services. S3 will undertake testing work for OEMs to test new and derivative STB models for deployment by Mediaroom customers.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Microsoft, Paul Kavanagh, Steve Koepp, IBC2023, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Broadcom BCM7405 Set-Top Box Chip Completes Microsoft® Mediaroom™ Integration
Sep 8, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its BCM7405 set-top box (STB) SoC has completed Microsoft® Mediaroom™ client integration. As a result, the chip can now be used in service provider set-top boxes based on the Mediaroom platform.
News categories: Broadcom, Microsoft, Richard Nelson, Steve Koepp, IBC2023, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC