Digital TV News: Steve Koepp
Microsoft Selects Symbio as a Microsoft® Mediaroom™ IPTV Set-Top Box Testing Partner
Sep 8, 2010 – Symbio has announced it has been selected as a Microsoft Mediaroom set-top box integration and testing partner. Symbio will provide software quality assurance and testing services for OEMs to test new STB models for deployment by Mediaroom's clients.
News categories: Microsoft, Symbio, Steve Koepp, Jacob Hsu, IPTV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs Unveils Low-Cost Microsoft Mediaroom Set Top Box Platform
Jul 21, 2010 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced availability of the first low-cost Microsoft Mediaroom™ compatible set top box platform based on Sigma's SMP8652 media processor SoC (system-on-chip).
News categories: Sigma Designs, Tatung, Microsoft, Ken Lowe, Luke Dang, Steve Koepp, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Samsung and Sigma Launch Second Generation Support for Microsoft® Mediaroom™
Sep 10, 2009 – Samsung (Seoul: 005930) and Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) have announced that Samsung will be delivering the SMT-E7200 line of set-top boxes, based around Sigma's SMP8654 media processor, and supporting Microsoft's Mediaroom client.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Samsung, Ken Lowe, Hee-Won Park, Steve Koepp, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Microsoft Selects S3 as Mediaroom IPTV Set-Top Box Testing Partner
Sep 8, 2009 – S3 has been selected as a Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) Mediaroom testing partner to provide set-top-box (STB) testing services. S3 will undertake testing work for OEMs to test new and derivative STB models for deployment by Mediaroom customers.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Microsoft, Paul Kavanagh, Steve Koepp, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Broadcom BCM7405 Set-Top Box Chip Completes Microsoft® Mediaroom™ Integration
Sep 8, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its BCM7405 set-top box (STB) SoC has completed Microsoft® Mediaroom™ client integration. As a result, the chip can now be used in service provider set-top boxes based on the Mediaroom platform.
News categories: Broadcom, Microsoft, Richard Nelson, Steve Koepp, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers