Digital TV News: Tara Maitra
VUDU entertainment service launches on TiVo
Oct 30, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the launch of VUDU, Walmart's subscription-free, VOD movie service to TiVo® devices. The VUDU application enables users to rent or purchase movies and TV shows, as well as access an Ultraviolet cloud library.
News categories: TiVo Inc, VUDU, Tara Maitra, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
TiVo Brings Spotify to TiVo Premiere Boxes
Dec 18, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the availability of the Spotify music streaming service for its TiVo Premiere boxes in the US. Spotify joins TiVo's current musical lineup of Pandora, Rhapsody, Live365 and Music Choice.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Spotify, Apps, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo Research Shows OTT and Recorded TV Surpassing Live TV
Jan 11, 2012 – As consumer television viewing habits continue to shift, TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has released research showing that the consumption of recorded television and Internet-delivered programming is quickly surpassing live TV viewership.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, CES2023, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, Terrestrial
Hulu Plus Launches on TiVo Premiere
May 23, 2011 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Hulu Plus™ is available via subscription to TiVo® subscribers with retail TiVo Premiere boxes.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Hulu, DVR, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
TiVo Will Offer Hulu Plus on TiVo Premiere DVRs
Sep 28, 2010 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has teamed with Hulu™ to provide TiVo® Premiere DVR subscribers with access to the full-array of Hulu Plus™ content streamed instantly to their TVs.
News categories: Hulu, TiVo Inc, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Amazon VoD Launches High Definition Movies and TV Episodes
Apr 21, 2009 – Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced that customers can rent box-office favorites and purchase top TV shows in HD from Amazon Video On Demand. Customers can select from more than 500 HD TV shows and movies from major studios and networks.
News categories: Amazon, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
TiVo Gives Consumers an Easy Way to Download Internet Video Automatically to Their Television Sets
Mar 18, 2008 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced TiVo® subscribers can now watch video content from the Web directly on their television sets through an updated version of TiVo's Desktop Plus PC software.
News categories: TiVo, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes