Digital TV News: Tara Maitra
VUDU entertainment service launches on TiVo
Oct 30, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the launch of VUDU, Walmart's subscription-free, VOD movie service to TiVo® devices. The VUDU application enables users to rent or purchase movies and TV shows, as well as access an Ultraviolet cloud library.
News categories: TiVo Inc, VUDU, Tara Maitra, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo Brings Spotify to TiVo Premiere Boxes
Dec 18, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the availability of the Spotify music streaming service for its TiVo Premiere boxes in the US. Spotify joins TiVo's current musical lineup of Pandora, Rhapsody, Live365 and Music Choice.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Spotify, Apps, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo Research Shows OTT and Recorded TV Surpassing Live TV
Jan 11, 2012 – As consumer television viewing habits continue to shift, TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has released research showing that the consumption of recorded television and Internet-delivered programming is quickly surpassing live TV viewership.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, CES2021, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial
Hulu Plus Launches on TiVo Premiere
May 23, 2011 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Hulu Plus™ is available via subscription to TiVo® subscribers with retail TiVo Premiere boxes.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Hulu, DVR, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo Will Offer Hulu Plus on TiVo Premiere DVRs
Sep 28, 2010 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has teamed with Hulu™ to provide TiVo® Premiere DVR subscribers with access to the full-array of Hulu Plus™ content streamed instantly to their TVs.
News categories: Hulu, TiVo Inc, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Amazon VoD Launches High Definition Movies and TV Episodes
Apr 21, 2009 – Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced that customers can rent box-office favorites and purchase top TV shows in HD from Amazon Video On Demand. Customers can select from more than 500 HD TV shows and movies from major studios and networks.
News categories: Amazon, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
TiVo Gives Consumers an Easy Way to Download Internet Video Automatically to Their Television Sets
Mar 18, 2008 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced TiVo® subscribers can now watch video content from the Web directly on their television sets through an updated version of TiVo's Desktop Plus PC software.
News categories: TiVo, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results