Digital TV News: The Trade Desk
Streaming dominates UK television landscape
Sep 23, 2022 – Streaming is more popular than ever among all age groups, reaching 73% of Brits, according to research by The Trade Desk. The rise of streaming in the UK is driven by viewers in the 18- to 34-year-old age group.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Dave Castell, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Disney Advertising expands deal with The Trade Desk
Jul 12, 2022 – Disney Advertising and The Trade Desk have reached an agreement to enable the integration of Disney's Audience Graph with the open-source identity framework, Unified ID 2.0, within a secure environment.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Rita Ferro, Tim Sims, Aaron LaBerge, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
Jul 4, 2022 – The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) has announced that iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) has implemented Unified ID 2.0 on its international service. The new identifier works in most omnichannel environments, including OTT and CTV.
News categories: The Trade Desk, iQIYI, Doug Choy, Frankie Fu, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
More than one in three viewers in Southeast Asia stream OTT
Feb 28, 2022 – A third (34%) of Southeast Asian viewers are now streaming over-the-top (OTT), according to a new study by The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD). The research also shows that the region welcomed 20 million new OTT viewers in the past year.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Mitch Waters, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
OTT players in SE Asia announce support for Unified ID 2.0
Dec 9, 2021 – The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) has announced that the Unified ID 2.0 initiative has expanded into SE Asia with its adoption by leading OTT platforms in the region. Unified ID 2.0 is a privacy-conscious identifier built from hashed and encrypted email addresses.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Bihao Pan, Advertising, Asia, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming
Almost half of Brits plan to stream more TV this Christmas
Dec 8, 2021 – Almost one in two Brits (48%) have revealed they are planning to watch a lot more TV via streaming over the Christmas holidays, compared to usual. That’s according to research commissioned by adtech company, The Trade Desk.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Phil Duffield, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
Oct 12, 2021 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced that discovery+ will launch in Canada on October 19. The service is available at Can$4.99 (~USD$4) per month, with an ad-free version for Can$6.99 monthly.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Corus Entertainment, JB Perrette, Doug Murphy, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
The Trade Desk collaborates with Samsung Ads in India
Sep 8, 2021 – The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) has announced a collaboration with Samsung Ads in India. Through The Trade Desk’s platform, Indian marketers will have access to CTV inventory on Samsung TV Plus.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Samsung, Tejinder Gill, Prabhvir Sahmey, Advertising, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, Streaming
Channel 4 launches real-time bidding on All 4
Aug 23, 2021 – Channel 4 has launched All 4 Private Marketplace, enabling brands to buy digital advertising space around All 4's 14,500 hours of premium content via private programmatic auction for the first time.
News categories: Channel 4, Verica Djurdjevic, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December