Digital TV News: Tony Lenoir
Cord-cutting trend expected to nearly double broadband-only homes in U.S.
Jan 28, 2019 – Broadband homes without a traditional multichannel subscription are set to grow from 23.3 million in 2018 to 40.8 million by 2023, according to Kagan. Kagan expects the segment to account for nearly one-third of U.S. households in the next five years.
News categories: S&P Global Market Intelligence, Tony Lenoir, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
37.2 million U.S. households to go broadband-only by 2022
Jan 31, 2018 – According to Kagan, U.S. broadband-only households are set to grow from 19.0 million in 2017 to 37.2 million by 2022. Those households will rely mostly on a combination of broadband and OTA broadcast signals for home video entertainment.
News categories: Kagan, Tony Lenoir, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Terrestrial, USA
Next 10 years look upbeat for the U.S. cable industry
Aug 11, 2016 – For the U.S. cable industry, the 10-year outlook is bright, according to SNL Kagan. The industry’s broadband advantage and bundling stance will enhance revenues from 2016 to 2026.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Ian Olgeirson, Tony Lenoir, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0