Digital TV News: Ultra HD Forum
Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
Oct 20, 2020 – The Ultra HD Forum has released Version 2.4 of its Guidelines adding more on live OTT distribution, and its online UHD service tracker has received an upgrade. A watermarking API is due before the end of the year.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Benjamin Schwarz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
DVB to showcase DVB-I at IBC 2019
Sep 10, 2019 – DVB has announced that at IBC it will present the world's first demonstration of linear TV services using the DVB-I solution, which relies on internet-based access and streaming mechanisms alongside classical broadcasting techniques.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Peter Siebert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum brings updated Guidelines to NAB Show 2019
Apr 4, 2019 – At NAB, the Ultra HD Forum (UHDF) will bring an update to its Guidelines. The unified document describes ‘foundation’ UHD technologies, as well as ‘enhancements’ that are backward compatible but still work on foundation equipment.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Thierry Fautier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum releases Phase A Guidelines v1.5
Sep 14, 2018 – The Ultra HD Forum (UHDF) has released a major Phase A Guidelines update. Version 1.5 is the fifth public release and reflects another intense year of collective industry experience. The Ultra HD Forum promotes best practices for the delivery of UHD.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum releases UHD Phase B Guidelines at NAB 2018
Apr 7, 2018 – The Ultra HD Forum has announced the release of Phase B guidelines. The Guidelines cover Content aware encoding, Dual-layer HDR technologies, Dynamic HDR metadata systems, High frame rate and Next generation audio.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum Guidelines updated to add forensic watermarking
Apr 21, 2017 – The Ultra HD Forum has released UHD Forum Guidelines version 1.3 including a new forensic watermarking chapter. This chapter is the result of a collaboration with leading watermarking technologies providers.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Digital TV, NABShow, Watermarking, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum releases updated deployment guidelines
Jan 5, 2017 – The Ultra HD Forum has released version 1.2 of its Ultra HD Phase A industry guidelines. This revision builds on best practices and lessons learned in 2016 and feedback on previous versions of the guidelines.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Madeleine Noland, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum makes industry guidelines public
Sep 6, 2016 – The Ultra HD Forum has made the latest version of its industry Guidelines public prior to IBC. The Ultra HD Forum Guidelines Working Group is currently working on future versions of the document.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, KPN, David Price, Thierry Fautier, Don Eklund, Arian Koster, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum releases industry guidelines
Apr 18, 2016 – The Ultra HD Forum has released the first phase of industry Guidelines on end-to-end workflows for creating and delivering live and pre-recorded UHD content.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Thierry Fautier, Digital TV, IBC2022, NABShow
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023