Digital TV News: Verizon
Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
Jan 25, 2022 – Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) has reported fourth-quarter 2021 results. Consumer reported 51,000 Fios Internet net additions and 69,000 Fios Video net losses in the quarter.
News categories: Verizon, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers, USA
Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
Dec 1, 2021 – Verizon has introduced two soundbars with its Stream TV on-demand streaming solution built-in. Designed with Bang & Olufsen, the soundbars provide a big movie experience in the living room with no additional speakers or receiver required.
News categories: Verizon, B&O, Chris Emmons, Rick Costanzo, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
Nov 18, 2021 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. – representing about 93% of the market – lost about 650,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2021, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 90,000 in 3Q 2020.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
20 million DTC subscribers for Discovery at end 3Q 2021
Nov 3, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2021. The company ended Q3 with 20 million DTC subscribers, up 3 million versus the end of Q2.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, David Zaslav, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
Oct 20, 2021 – Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) has reported third-quarter results. Consumer reported 98,000 Fios Internet net additions and 68,000 Fios Video net losses in the quarter.
News categories: Verizon, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, USA
U.S. FAST market to reach $4.1 billion in 2023
Aug 26, 2021 – According to research from nScreenMedia, sponsored by Verizon Media, ad revenue earned by virtual linear (vLinear) channels is expected to grow from $2.1 billion in 2021 to $4.1 billion in 2023.
News categories: nScreenMedia, Verizon Media, Colin Dixon, Ariff Sidi, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S. video losses slow to 1.5 million in 2Q 2021
Aug 24, 2021 – According to Kagan, subscriber losses at U.S. cable, telco and satellite video service providers in the second quarter of 2021 slowed from the year-ago period to 1.5 million.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
U.S. STB initiative saves consumers $2 billion in energy costs
Aug 23, 2021 – An agreement between the pay TV industry and energy efficiency advocates, led by the CTA, NCTA and CableLabs, has cut energy usage of STBs by more than half in the U.S., since it was established eight years ago.
News categories: NCTA, Consumer Technology Association, Neal Goldberg, Doug Johnson, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
NAB Show to require proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Aug 18, 2021 – All attendees and participants at NAB Show 2021 wll be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. According to the organizers, there is a strong eagerness among the NAB Show community to return in person.
News categories: NAB Show, COVID-19, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management