Digital TV News: Vidgo
Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
Jan 23, 2020 – Tulix and Vidgo have given details of their technology platform for live sports streaming and other premium channels. Vidgo is a direct-to-consumer TV provider focusing on content acquisition and product marketing. Tulix provides the underlying technology.
News categories: Tulix, Vidgo, George Bokuchava, Shane Cannon, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, USA
Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
Jan 14, 2020 – Vidgo has launched an OTT service powered by a live streaming platform from Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT). The service boasts more than 100 premium channels including ABC, Comedy Central, ESPN, Fox, and the NFL Network as well as a Latino package for Spanish-speaking viewers.
News categories: Harmonic, Vidgo, Eric Armstrong, Shane Cannon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Vidgo selects Float Left for vMVPD service app design
Apr 10, 2018 – Vidgo has selected Float Left as their technology partner in delivering their premium vMVPD service across all major platforms such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Web, and iOS and Android Mobile.
News categories: Float Left, Vidgo, Tom Schaeffer, Shane Cannon, Apps, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA
Vidgo chooses Harmonic to power next-generation OTT services
Apr 8, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Vidgo will launch its next-generation OTT services powered by the Harmonic VOS media processing platform. Vidgo is set to introduce its OTT services for the United States market later this year.
News categories: Harmonic, Vidgo, Tim Warren, Shane Cannon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020