Digital TV News: Vix+
DISH TV and SLING TV bring Spanish-language streaming service ViX+ to customers
Jul 21, 2022 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced the U.S. launch of Spanish-Language streaming service ViX+ on DISH TV and SLING TV, enabling customers to subscribe to ViX+ directly through its platforms.
News categories: DISH Network, Vix+, Alfredo Rodríguez, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
Jun 30, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has announced that ViX+ will debut on July 21, in the U.S., Mexico, and most of Spanish-speaking Latin America. ViX+ is the premium tier of ViX, a streaming service created specifically for the Spanish-speaking world.
News categories: TelevisaUnivision, Pierluigi Gazzolo, Digital TV, Latin America, Mexico, Streaming, USA
TelevisaUnivision's ViX launches in the U.S. and Latin America
Mar 31, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has announced that ViX is now available in the U.S., Mexico and most of Spanish-speaking Latin America. ViX is a two-tier service with the free AVOD product launched today and an SVOD option, ViX+, coming in 2H 2022.
News categories: TelevisaUnivision, ViX, Pierluigi Gazzolo, Rafael Urbina, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming, USA
Verizon trials +play entertainment hub
Mar 3, 2022 – Verizon customers will have exclusive access to +play, a platform that allows users to discover, purchase and manage some of their favorite subscriptions across entertainment, audio, gaming, fitness, music, lifestyle and more – all in one place.
News categories: Verizon, Manon Brouillette, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
TelevisaUnivision introduces ViX Spanish-language streaming service
Feb 16, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has unveiled ViX, a streaming service for the Spanish-speaking world. The service will include an AVOD product, ViX, launching on March 31, and an SVOD option, ViX+, set to launch in the second half of 2022.
News categories: TelevisaUnivision, Wade Davis, Pierluigi Gazzolo, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming, USA
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December