Digital TV News: Xiong Wen
Hillcrest gesture control selected by Lenovo
Apr 22, 2014 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Lenovo's new line of Smart TVs is using Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control software.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Lenovo, Dan Simpkins, Xiong Wen, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
DTS and Lenovo Bring High-Definition Audio Experience to Smart TVs
May 14, 2012 – DTS (Nasdaq:DTSI) has announced that Lenovo has integrated DTS audio into its K91 smart TV. The K91 smart TV is the world's first smart TV powered by Qualcomm's 1.5GHz dual-core 8060 Snapdragon CPU and operated by the Android 4.0 system.
News categories: DTS, Lenovo, China, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Qualcomm Expands Snapdragon Family with Introduction of Processors for Smart TVs and Digital Media Adapters
Jan 10, 2012 – Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM) has announced that the Company's Snapdragon™ processors are powering smart TVs at CES in Las Vegas. The first example, from Lenovo, is the world's first smart TV running on the Android 4.0 operating system.
News categories: Qualcomm, Lenovo, CES2021, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
VIA Platform to Power Lenovo and BesTV Smart TV Solution
Jan 5, 2012 – VIA Technologies has announced that BesTV New Media, a subsidiary of Shanghai Media Group (SMG) and Lenovo Group in Shanghai have adopted the VIA Nano processor to power the Lenovo A30 Internet TV Set Top Box.
News categories: VIA Technologies, SMG, Lenovo, China, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand