Digital TV News: Xiong Wen
Hillcrest gesture control selected by Lenovo
Apr 22, 2014 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Lenovo's new line of Smart TVs is using Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control software.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Lenovo, Dan Simpkins, Xiong Wen, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
DTS and Lenovo Bring High-Definition Audio Experience to Smart TVs
May 14, 2012 – DTS (Nasdaq:DTSI) has announced that Lenovo has integrated DTS audio into its K91 smart TV. The K91 smart TV is the world's first smart TV powered by Qualcomm's 1.5GHz dual-core 8060 Snapdragon CPU and operated by the Android 4.0 system.
News categories: DTS, Lenovo, China, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Qualcomm Expands Snapdragon Family with Introduction of Processors for Smart TVs and Digital Media Adapters
Jan 10, 2012 – Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM) has announced that the Company's Snapdragon™ processors are powering smart TVs at CES in Las Vegas. The first example, from Lenovo, is the world's first smart TV running on the Android 4.0 operating system.
News categories: Qualcomm, Lenovo, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
VIA Platform to Power Lenovo and BesTV Smart TV Solution
Jan 5, 2012 – VIA Technologies has announced that BesTV New Media, a subsidiary of Shanghai Media Group (SMG) and Lenovo Group in Shanghai have adopted the VIA Nano processor to power the Lenovo A30 Internet TV Set Top Box.
News categories: VIA Technologies, SMG, Lenovo, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia