Digital TV News: Beximco
BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
Sep 14, 2019 – Beximco Communications (BexCom) has selected Irdeto to securely deliver content through its DTH service, AKASH. BexCom launched its platform in Bangladesh using Irdeto Cloaked CA to ensure the highest levels of security for its content.
News categories: Irdeto, Beximco, AKASH, Doug Lowther, DS Faisal Hyder, Bangladesh, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite
Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
May 16, 2019 – Beximco Communications has launched a DTH service in Bangladesh under the brand name AKASH. The service will be available from May 19 at authorised retails in 20 districts. AKASH includes a large bouquet of Bangladeshi and foreign TV channels.
News categories: Beximco, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite
GS Group sells stake in Bangladesh's RealVU DTH
Mar 24, 2017 – GS Group has announced the sale of its share in Beximco, a company that operates in Bangladesh under the RealVU brand. In so doing, the holding company has successfully completed an investment project to create the first satellite Pay-TV operator in the country.
News categories: GS Group, Beximco, Andrew Bezrukov, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite, Venture Capital
RealVU Bangladesh selects Exset value-add ecosystem to increase ARPU
Oct 11, 2016 – Bangladesh DTH platform, RealVU, has selected Exset to create and deploy value-add news and dynamic advertising services. Launched in April this year, RealVU is owned and operated by Beximco Communications.
News categories: Exset, RealVU, Andrew Pons, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite
Bangladesh’s first DTH service RealVU set in operation
Apr 28, 2016 – BEXIMCO Communications has launched Bangladesh’s first Direct-to-Home (DTH) service under the brand name RealVU. RealVU is available everywhere across the country, with sales outlets in Dhaka, Sylhet and Chittagong.
News categories: BEXIMCO, RealVU, Dmitry Lapitskiy, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite
GS Group and Beximco announce launch of first DTH company for Bangladesh
May 27, 2014 – Beximco Group has announced a joint venture with Russian investment and industry holding giant GS Group to launch Bangladesh’s first DTH (Direct to Home) company for TV viewers in the country.
News categories: GS Group, Beximco, Salman F Rahman, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019