Digital TV News: Intelsat
Vivacom to deliver DTT in Bulgaria via Intelsat 33e
Mar 21, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that telecom provider Vivacom, the leading telecommunication service provider in Bulgaria, will use the Intelsat 33e satellite to distribute digital terrestrial television (DTT) services throughout the country.
News categories: Intelsat, Vivacom, Rhys Morgan, Vladimir Rangelov, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial
Orion Express expands media delivery to Russia with Intelsat
Mar 21, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that Orion Express has signed a multi-year extension with Intelsat for satellite services supporting DTH and media distribution services in Russia via the Intelsat 15 satellite.
News categories: Intelsat, Orion Express, Jean-Philippe Gillet, Kirill Makhnovskiy, Content Distribution, Russia, Satellite
Intelsat 36 begins service for Africa's MultiChoice
Oct 6, 2016 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that the Intelsat 36 satellite has entered service, providing broadcasting and direct-to-home (DTH) services for Africa’s MultiChoice, the leading DTH platform in South Africa.
News categories: Intelsat, MultiChoice, Brian Jakins, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
Intelsat 36 launch adds DTH capacity for Sub-Saharan Africa
Aug 24, 2016 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of Intelsat 36, designed to enhance Intelsat’s media neighborhoods serving Africa and the Indian Ocean regions. The Ku-band payload was built to support South Africa's MultiChoice.
News categories: Intelsat, MultiChoice, Stephen Spengler, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
Intelsat 31 successfully launched for DIRECTV LA et al
Jun 9, 2016 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of Intelsat 31. The Ku-band payload, known as DLA-2, is designed to provide redundancy and reliability for DIRECTV Latin America’s distribution services in South America and the Caribbean.
News categories: Intelsat, DIRECTV Latin America, Stephen Spengler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Next Step to offer DTH TV platform in Thailand with Intelsat
Nov 19, 2015 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that Next Step, a multi-channel operator and distributor, is to use Intelsat’s Horizons 2 satellite at 85°E to launch Freeview HD, a free-to-air DTH platform, in Thailand.
News categories: Intelsat, Freeview HD, Terry Bleakley, Philipp Heussen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Thailand
Sentech delivers DTH and DTT via Intelsat 20
Sep 25, 2015 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that Sentech has extended its contract for multiple years. Sentech will continue to use Ku-band capacity on Intelsat 20 at 68.5°E to expand its DTH and DTT services in Africa.
News categories: Intelsat, Sentech, Rhys Morgan, Leago Takalani, Africa, Content Distribution, Satellite, South Africa, Terrestrial
TRBNA to deliver DTT to Armenian viewers via Intelsat EpicNG
Sep 10, 2015 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that it will enable the Television and Radio Broadcasting Network of Armenia (TRBNA) to implement a DTT network using a solution on Intelsat 33e, the second scheduled satellite in Intelsat’s next generation satellite fleet, Intelsat EpicNG.
News categories: Intelsat, TRBNA, Kurt Riegelman, Grigor Amalyan, Armenia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite, Terrestrial
Harmonic and Intelsat to launch UHD demo channel for North America
Sep 8, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Intelsat (NYSE: I) have announced a partnership to launch HVN Intelsat UHD, a linear UHD demonstration channel for North American TV markets. This channel will be broadcast via Intelsat's Galaxy 13 satellite located at 127°W.
News categories: Harmonic, Intelsat, Peter Alexander, Peter Ostapiuk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, North America, Satellite
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating