Digital TV News: MobiTV
MobiTV announces $21M in additional funding
Feb 21, 2017 – MobiTV has announced that it has closed $21M in funding from Oak Investment Partners and Ally Corporate Finance. The funding will accelerate expansion of the MobiTV Connect Platform to enable IP delivery for Pay TV providers.
News categories: MobiTV, Oak Investment Partners, Ally Corporate Finance, Charlie Nooney, Bill Routt, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA, Venture Capital
Mobile TV market on cusp of unprecedented growth
Aug 26, 2016 – The global market for mobile TV is exceedingly fragmented and the top 10 players accounted for a mere 23.3% in 2015. These companies do, however, enjoy a strong foothold in several regional markets and have set entry-level barriers rather high.
News categories: Transparency Market Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
C Spire first to use MobiTV TV Everywhere platform
Jul 25, 2016 – MobiTV has announced the MobiTV Connect Platform, an IP video delivery solution which allows cable operators to utilize the popular connected TV devices and streaming boxes already in a large majority of U.S. homes.
News categories: MobiTV, C Spire, Charlie Nooney, Suzy Hays, Cable TV, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
MobiTV selected for TV Bank multiscreen service in Japan
Nov 17, 2014 – MobiTV and TV Bank have announced a partnership to leverage MobiTV's software-based platform and NetDVR (nDVR) technology to extend TV services across screens. The service will enable a robust entertainment experience on connected devices.
News categories: MobiTV, TV Bank, Charlie Nooney, Tomotaka Nakagawa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, OTT
MobiTV powers Deutsche Telekom Network DVR
Oct 13, 2014 – MobiTV has announced that it is powering the cloud recording capabilities of Deutsche Telekom's 'Entertain to go' streaming service. 'Entertain to go' delivers live and on-demand programming across screens in and out of the home.
News categories: MobiTV, Deutsche Telekom, Paul Scanlan, Gert von Manteuffel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Mobile
Amlogic to provide chipset for MobiTV HDMI dongle
Jul 8, 2014 – MobiTV has announced a collaboration with Amlogic to provide the chipset for MobiTV's streaming sticks. The Amlogic AML8726-MX System-on-chip (SoC) will be the foundation of a white-labeled multiscreen service.
News categories: MobiTV, Amlogic, Charlie Nooney, John Zhong, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Verizon to demonstrate LTE Multicast over 4G LTE at Indy 500
May 21, 2014 – Verizon Wireless has announced that it will demonstrate LTE Multicast for the first time in the United States over its commercial 4G LTE network.
News categories: Verizon Wireless, 5G, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
MobiTV collaborates with Jabil to develop HDMI dongle
Feb 24, 2014 – MobiTV has announced that with Jabil Circuit (NYSE: JBL) it has developed a white-label HDMI dongle that can be branded and deployed by wireless operators to deliver a turnkey in-home TV everywhere experience.
News categories: MobiTV, Jabil, Charlie Nooney, Keith Cochran, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet, Worldwide
MobiTV and EchoStar collaborate on secure Android set-top box
Sep 16, 2013 – MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Marvell and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS). Expanding MobiTV's footprint inside the home, its DRM agent and Marvell-powered media player are now integrated into EchoStar set-top boxes.
News categories: MobiTV, EchoStar, Marvell, Charlie Nooney, Mark Jackson, Digital TV, DRM, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution