Digital TV News: Andreas Mueller-Schubert
Tech Mahindra to provide Video Encoder Conformance Testing Services for Microsoft Mediaroom TV Software Platform
Jul 7, 2011 – Tech Mahindra (NSE:TECHM) has been selected by Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) to setup an authorized Encoder Conformance Testing Lab (ECT Lab) for video encoders used in deployment of IPTV solutions on Microsoft Mediaroom based platforms.
News categories: Tech Mahindra, Microsoft, L. Ravichandran, Andreas Mueller-Schubert, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware
AT&T Extends TV Watching to More Devices With Launch of U-verse TV on Xbox 360
Oct 11, 2010 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) have announced the launch of U-verse TV on Xbox 360 for U-verse customers, which lets users enjoy the U-verse TV experience on their existing Xbox 360 device, replacing the need for an extra receiver in the home.
News categories: AT&T, Microsoft, David Christopher, Andreas Mueller-Schubert, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, USA
TELUS launches Microsoft Mediaroom in Edmonton, Vancouver and Calgary
Feb 2, 2010 – TELUS (TSX: T, T.A; NYSE: TU) has announced the availability of a new TELUS TV service, powered by Microsoft Mediaroom and available exclusively from TELUS in Canada, which offers a better television viewing experience for TELUS TV customers.
News categories: Microsoft, TELUS, Andreas Mueller-Schubert, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware
SureWest to launch new TV service with Microsoft Mediaroom
Jul 28, 2009 – SureWest Communications (Nasdaq: SURW) has announced that it will deploy the Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV software platform to deliver an advanced TV service over its existing IP-based FTTH and copper networks in the greater Sacramento, CA region.
News categories: Microsoft, SureWest, Andreas Mueller-Schubert, Steve Oldham, Bill DeMuth, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Microsoft Mediaroom First to Bring Virtualization to IPTV
May 27, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq:MSFT) has launched Microsoft Mediaroom with virtualization, making Mediaroom the first IPTV platform to offer virtualization support. Virtualization can deliver up to a sixfold reduction in the number of physical servers required.
News categories: Microsoft, Reservation Telephone Cooperative, Andreas Mueller-Schubert, Royce Aslakson, Vince Vittore, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast