Digital TV News: Anil Dua
Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
Nov 14, 2019 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV, LSE: DTVL) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2019. The Company added 42 thousand subscribers at a net level during the period. The total net subscriber base finished at 23.94 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, Anil Dua, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
Oct 11, 2019 – Dish TV India has launched an Android-based HD Set Top Box and a Voice enabled Alexa Built-in smart kit. The smart kit dongle allows subscribers to access OTT Apps and Alexa skills on their existing set top boxes.
News categories: Dish TV India, Anil Dua, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Dish TV India to launch hybrid set-top box with Amazon Prime Video
Oct 7, 2019 – Dish TV India has collaborated with Amazon Prime Video to offer Prime Video app to its Dish TV and d2h subscribers on its soon-to-be-launched hybrid set-top box. Through the deal, Dish TV and d2h subscribers will be able to seamlessly access Amazon Prime Video app on their TV.
News categories: Dish TV India, Prime Video, Anil Dua, Gaurav Gandhi, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Set Top Box
Kaltura powers Dish TV India's Watcho OTT platform
Jun 19, 2019 – The Kaltura TV Platform is powering multiscreen access to linear, VOD and time-shifted TV plus third-party content for Dish TV India's OTT platform Watcho. The solution caters to evolving entertainment needs by continuously learning about viewers' content consumption habits.
News categories: Kaltura, Dish TV India, Horizon Broadcast, Ron Yekutiel, Anil Dua, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, TV Everywhere
Dish TV launches 'Watcho’ OTT app and forays into original content
Apr 25, 2019 – Dish TV India has announced the launch of OTT app 'Watcho'. Watcho aims to offer content catering to young audiences across the country and not just Urban India. Dish TV is the first DTH company in India to launch a dedicated OTT platform with its own original content.
News categories: Dish TV India, Watcho, Anil Dua, Akash Tyagi, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT
Dish TV India deploys MediaKind video processing platform
Dec 20, 2018 – MediaKind has announced that DishTV India will deploy the MediaKind AVP 4000 video processing platform to deliver enhanced, next-generation immersive experiences to over 23.5 million subscribers.
News categories: MediaKind, DishTV India, Anil Dua, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
DishTV launches Skill for Amazon Alexa in India
Aug 8, 2018 – Dish TV India has launched its skill for Amazon Alexa in India. The DishTV skill will help to users find programs and provide recommendations on programs, movies, sports and music. Once enabled, the skill allows users to interact with DishTV through voice commands.
News categories: Dish TV India, Amazon, Anil Dua, Dilip R.S., Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV