Digital TV News: Bill Holmes
Mediacom adds Netflix to TiVo set-top devices
May 4, 2015 – Mediacom Communications has announced an agreement with Netflix to make the streaming-video service available as an app on its customers’ TiVo set-top boxes.
News categories: Mediacom, Netflix, John Pascarelli, Bill Holmes, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
DISH first with whole-home Netflix experience
Apr 14, 2015 – In an industry first, DISH has enhanced its whole-home entertainment offerings with the expansion of Netflix to its Joey clients. At the same time it has added the Vevo music video service to its Hopper HD DVR platform.
News categories: DISH Network, Netflix, Vivek Khemka, Bill Holmes, Apps, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Satellite, Smart Home, USA
Netflix coming to Fetch TV in Australia
Feb 16, 2015 – Fetch TV will be the first Australian pay-TV provider to integrate the Netflix subscription streaming service, the two companies have announced. The partnership also includes the New Zealand market.
News categories: Fetch TV, Netflix, Scott Lorson, Bill Holmes, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box
Netflix launches on TalkTalk TV in the UK
Jan 12, 2015 – TalkTalk in the UK has announced that it has added Netflix to its TalkTalk TV broadband television service. YouView from TalkTalk homes that pre-registered will be amongst the first to receive it on their set top box.
News categories: TalkTalk, Netflix, Tristia Harrison, Bill Holmes, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, UK
DISH first major US pay TV provider to integrate Netflix
Dec 17, 2014 – DISH has become the first major pay-TV provider in the U.S. to integrate the Netflix app into its set-top box. The app gives customers the ability to stream Netflix movies and TV shows from the same platform used to access their linear TV channels.
News categories: DISH Network, Netflix, Vivek Khemka, Bill Holmes, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Netflix comes to YouView set-top boxes in the UK
Nov 4, 2014 – UK hybrid internet TV/DTT service, YouView, has announced that Netflix is now available to its customers. Netflix is currently available via BT and Humax set-top boxes, with others to be added early in the new year.
News categories: YouView, Netflix, Richard Halton, Bill Holmes, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Suddenlink to provide Netflix on TiVo devices
May 6, 2014 – Suddenlink has announced an agreement that will give its customers access to Netflix, the world's leading Internet television network, through the cable operator's integrated TiVo set-top devices.
News categories: Suddenlink, Netflix, TiVo Inc, Jerry Kent, Bill Holmes, Tom Rogers, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, USA
Netflix launches on Virgin Media TiVo in the UK
Nov 12, 2013 – Netflix has launched on Virgin Media, bringing critically acclaimed original series including House of Cards, Hemlock Grove, Arrested Development and Orange is the New Black, as well as Netflix exclusives like the hit series Breaking Bad, to over 1.8 million UK homes.
News categories: Virgin Media, Netflix, Dana Strong, Bill Holmes, Cable TV, Digital TV, UK
Netflix coming to Virgin Media
Sep 10, 2013 – Virgin Media has announced that it will bring Netflix onto a pay-TV platform for the first time. Using the Netflix app, Virgin Media TiVo households will be able to watch Netflix series, documentaries, comedy and kids titles through their set-top box.
News categories: Virgin Media, Netflix, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service