Digital TV News: CTV Media
Comscore delivers TV audience data to CTV Media
Oct 3, 2019 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced a partnership with CTV Media to provide audience data for all clients on a regional and national scale. CTV Media provides data-driven media solutions to advertising agencies for linear & connected TV.
News categories: Comscore, CTV Media, Nancy Beall, Kathy Dixon, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Taptica to acquire RhythmOne for $176m
Feb 4, 2019 – Taptica has announced the acquisition of RhythmOne for $176m in an all-stock deal. RhythmOne provides cross-screen solutions focused on connected TV. RhythmOne will be combined with Tremor Video DSP, which Taptica acquired in August 2017.
News categories: Taptica, RhythmOne, Ofer Druker, Eric Singer, Advertising, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Eutelsat now carrying more than 1000 HD channels
Feb 20, 2017 – High Definition TV continues to gain ground across the broadcast satellites operated by Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) with the 240 HD channels launched in 2016 equalling the total number launched during the previous two years.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
80% of TVs sold in China in 2015 were Smart TVs
Jan 26, 2016 – YuMe (NYSE: YUME) has announced the launch of its 2015 China Connected TV Market Development Blue Book. The Chinese CTV media and advertising industries are seeing rapid growth, with the video audience in China estimated at 439 million people.
News categories: YuMe, Nielsen CCData, UPOTV, Michael Hudes, Octopus Zhang, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
Hughes Announces Telepresence Application for Android-based TVs and STBs
Feb 14, 2010 – Hughes Systique has announced that it has developed a proof of concept Telepresence application for IDTVs and STBs powered by the Android operating system. Hughes has built the application as a plugin for the HomeJinni ConnecTV media center.
News categories: HUGHES Systique, HomeJinni, Middleware, MWC19, Set Top Box, Smart TV
IPTV Takes Center Stage at NAB Show
Feb 19, 2008 – The NAB Show will expand its IPTV offerings with a new conference series and super session that will provide telecommunications and wireless professionals with insight into converging technologies, state-of-the-art concepts and equipment for IPTV and other next generation video business.
News categories: NAB Show, IPTV, NABShow
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware