Digital TV News: Canoe Ventures
Canoe adds Frontier to its dynamic ad insertion platform
Oct 28, 2019 – Canoe Ventures has added Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FTR) to its footprint of VOD-DAI enabled television distributors. Frontier joins Charter (NASDAQ:CHTR), Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and Cox as the fourth MVPD to utilize Canoe’s Service Assurance platform.
News categories: Canoe, Frontier Communications, Joel Hassell, Marcien Jenckes, James Frogameni, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Improvements in Advanced TV to propel U.S. local video advertising
Feb 6, 2018 – Progress in Advanced TV and the U.S. industry’s commitment to new methods that will improve interactivity and the viewer experience will help with the ascent of local video advertising in 2018, according to BIA/Kelsey.
News categories: BIA/Kelsey, Rick Ducey, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Cable Industry Brands Interactivity with ExpandTV
Oct 17, 2011 – Canoe Ventures has announced on behalf of the cable industry the availability of the ExpandTV™ implementation guidelines, a major milestone in the development of the interactive television (ITV) marketplace.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Cable Industry Launches SelecTV™ Brand to Promote Viewer Adoption Of ITV
May 10, 2010 – The U.S. cable industry has announced the launch of 'SelecTV™,' a consumer-facing brand that will appear on-screen to indicate the availability of interactive television content.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, SelecTV, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
CableLabs® and Canoe Ventures Announce Completion of New EBIF IO6 Specification
Feb 8, 2010 – CableLabs® and Canoe Ventures have announced the completion and issuance of the latest EBIF specification. This new version (IO6) features functionality developed to meet competitive interactive television market requirements.
News categories: CableLabs, Canoe Ventures, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
CableLab® Announces Next in Series of Interactive and Advanced Advertising Specifications
Jul 1, 2009 – CableLabs® has announced the issuance of a new set of specifications called the Stewardship and Fulfillment Interfaces (SaFI), created to further the development of cable advertising and other interactive products.
News categories: CableLabs, Advertising, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, USA
Cable MSOs Take a Shortcut to Compete with Telco IPTV, Report Finds
Jun 3, 2009 – Rather than wait for tru2way to fully develop, cable operators are planning to roll out interactive TV services to compete with telco IPTV by deploying existing technology that can deliver interactive features to legacy set-top boxes.
News categories: Light Reading, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Zodiac Interactive Announces EBIF Players for Tru2way™ and PowerTV
Dec 16, 2008 – Zodiac Interactive has announced the release of an ETV/EBIF™ (Enhanced TV Binary Interchange Format) player for PowerTV and the tru2way™.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, Ensequence, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service