Digital TV News: Hunter Sappington
10% of U.S. broadband households watch esports
Jul 10, 2018 – Parks Associates has announced research on the rise of esports, showing 10% of U.S. broadband households are watching this new form of content. Parks defines esports as professionally or semi-professionally organized competitive video gaming events.
News categories: Parks Associates, Hunter Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Over 85% of U.S. millennials subscribe to at least one OTT video service
Jun 21, 2018 – More than 85% of millennials in U.S. broadband households subscribe to at least one OTT video service. This finding comes from Parks Associates’ OTT Video Market Tracker, which covers the U.S. and Canada.
News categories: Parks Associates, Hunter Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
U.S. viewing habits settling as spending and multiplatform usage drop
Apr 5, 2018 – Research from Parks Associates shows that U.S. broadband households report their average monthly expenditure on video entertainment outside of a pay-TV subscription has dropped from $29 in the past two years to $23 in the last half of 2017.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Hunter Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, PAYTV19, USA
9% of U.S. broadband households plan to purchase a VR headset in the next year
Jun 29, 2017 – Parks Associates has announced a report revealing that 9% of U.S. broadband households plan to purchase a virtual reality headset within the next year. Purchase intentions have nearly doubled since early 2016, when only 5% planned to purchase a VR headset.
News categories: Parks Associates, Hunter Sappington, Tu Skuse, Market Research, USA, VR
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi