Digital TV News: Intel Corp
5G will drive new revenues in Media and Entertainment by 2028
Oct 11, 2018 – According to a report commissioned by Intel and conducted by Ovum, it is forecast that over the next decade (2019-2028) media and entertainment companies will be competing to win a share of a near $3 trillion cumulative wireless revenue opportunity.
News categories: Intel Corp, Ovum, Jonathan Wood, Ed Barton, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Global semiconductor revenue hits record $120.8 billion in Q2
Aug 22, 2018 – Global semiconductor industry revenue grew 4.4 percent, quarter over quarter, in the second quarter of 2018, reaching a record $120.8 billion. Semiconductor growth occurred in all application markets and world regions, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Ron Ellwanger, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Eutelsat partners with Intelsat and SES in U.S. C-band spectrum proposal
Jul 12, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I), SES (Paris: SESG) and Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) have announced that they are aligned on a market-based proposal for the future use of the lower C-band spectrum in the U.S. Eutelsat has agreed to join a proposal initiated by Intelsat, Intel and SES.
News categories: Eutelsat, Intelsat, SES S.A, Rodolphe Belmer, Stephen Spengler, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
FOX, Ericsson, Intel and AT&T stream 2018 U.S. Open in 4K over 5G
May 15, 2018 – FOX Sports, in cooperation with the Fox Innovation Lab and partners Ericsson, Intel and AT&T, will use 5G technology to stream 4K video over 5G for potential broadcast nationwide at this year’s 118th U.S. Open Championship on June 14-17.
News categories: FOX Sports, Ericsson, Intel Corp, AT&T, 21st Century Fox, Michael Davies, Niklas Heuveldop, Asha Keddy, Melissa Arnoldi, Danny Kaye, 5G, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Samsung took over no. 1 slot in semiconductor revenue in 2017
Apr 23, 2018 – Driven by strong growth in the memory market, worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $420.4 billion in 2017, a 21.6 percent increase from 2016 revenue of $345.9 billion, according to final results from Gartner.
News categories: Gartner, George Brocklehurst, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 22.2% in 2017
Jan 4, 2018 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totalled $419.7 billion in 2017, a 22.2% increase from 2016, according to preliminary results by Gartner. Undersupply helped drive 64% revenue growth in memories, which accounted for 31% of revenue in 2017.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Semiconductor industry continues upward trend toward record year
Nov 30, 2017 – The semiconductor industry continued its upward trend in the third quarter of 2017, notching 12 percent sequential growth with strength across all application markets, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Turner Sports and Intel to bring VR to NBA fans
Nov 7, 2017 – Turner Sports and Intel have announced a partnership to make live NBA game action available in virtual reality using Intel True VR technology. Intel will become the Exclusive Provider of Virtual Reality for the NBA on TNT.
News categories: Intel Corp, Turner, NBA, James Carwana, Will Funk, Jeff Marsilio, Digital TV, USA, VR
Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 2.6% in 2016
May 15, 2017 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $343.5 billion in 2016, a 2.6% increase from 2015 revenue of $334.9 billion, according to Gartner. The top 25 semiconductor vendors' combined revenue increased 10.5%.
News categories: Gartner, James Hines, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS