Digital TV News: James Moar
Digital Voice Assistants in use to triple to 8 billion by 2023
Feb 12, 2019 – A study from Juniper Research has found that there will be 8 billion digital voice assistants in use by 2023, up from an estimated 2.5 billion at the end of 2018. The fastest growing voice assistant categories will be: Smart TVs, Smart speakers and Wearables.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Amazon Echo & Google Home to be in over 50% of US households by 2022
Nov 8, 2017 – A new study from Juniper Research has found that smart speakers such as Amazon Echo, Google Home, and the Sonos One will be installed in over 70 million US households by 2022, reaching 55% of all homes. Total installed devices will exceed 175 million.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Big Data, Market Research, Smart Home, USA, Worldwide
Wireless VR set to strain data networks
Aug 8, 2017 – A report from Juniper Research on Virtual Reality forecasts that wireless VR headsets (smartphone-based and standalone) data consumption will grow by over 650% over the next 4 years, from nearly 2,800PB (Petabytes) in 2017 to over 21,000PB in 2021.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, VR, Worldwide
Smartphone VR to claim over half of VR device shipments by 2021
Nov 8, 2016 – A Juniper Research study has forecast that there will be nearly 60 million smartphone VR headsets shipped in 2021, an increase of around 240% on an expected 16.8 million this year.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, VR, Worldwide
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient