Digital TV News: James Moar
Digital Voice Assistants in use to triple to 8 billion by 2023
Feb 12, 2019 – A study from Juniper Research has found that there will be 8 billion digital voice assistants in use by 2023, up from an estimated 2.5 billion at the end of 2018. The fastest growing voice assistant categories will be: Smart TVs, Smart speakers and Wearables.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Amazon Echo & Google Home to be in over 50% of US households by 2022
Nov 8, 2017 – A new study from Juniper Research has found that smart speakers such as Amazon Echo, Google Home, and the Sonos One will be installed in over 70 million US households by 2022, reaching 55% of all homes. Total installed devices will exceed 175 million.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Big Data, Market Research, Smart Home, USA, Worldwide
Wireless VR set to strain data networks
Aug 8, 2017 – A report from Juniper Research on Virtual Reality forecasts that wireless VR headsets (smartphone-based and standalone) data consumption will grow by over 650% over the next 4 years, from nearly 2,800PB (Petabytes) in 2017 to over 21,000PB in 2021.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, VR, Worldwide
Smartphone VR to claim over half of VR device shipments by 2021
Nov 8, 2016 – A Juniper Research study has forecast that there will be nearly 60 million smartphone VR headsets shipped in 2021, an increase of around 240% on an expected 16.8 million this year.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, VR, Worldwide
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service