Digital TV News: Jani Huoponen
Chips&Media releases HEVC/VP9 decoder IP with 10bit support
Apr 16, 2015 – Chips&Media has announced the introduction of a multi decoder IP, WAVE412, which provides the industry’s first support for both HEVC (H.265) and WebM VP9 targeted for multimedia SoCs with 4K UHD capability.
News categories: Chips&Media, Jani Huoponen, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
Jun 19, 2013 – VeriSilicon has announced the availability of its Hantro G2 multi-format video decoder IP supporting Ultra HD 4K decoding of HEVC video. The G2 IP also adds support for the upcoming VP9 web video format from the WebM Project.
News categories: VeriSilicon, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Freescale Delivers Dramatic Performance Advances for Tablet, Smartphone, eReader, Automotive Infotainment and Other Hot Consumer Markets
Jan 3, 2011 – Freescale has introduced the i.MX 6 series of quad-, dual- and single-core applications processors designed to deliver performance and scalability to manufacturers targeting smart mobile, automotive infotainment and embedded device categories.
News categories: Freescale, ICs, In-Car, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor, Tablet
VeriSilicon Expands SoC Platform with On2 Finland Video IP
May 10, 2010 – VeriSilicon and On2 Finland have announced a wide-ranging partnership that adds the multi-format video encode/decode solutions from On2 Finland to VeriSilicon's expanding, system level star IP portfolio.
News categories: On2, VeriSilicon, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
On2 Releases Hantro Multiformat Hardware Decoder with On2 VP6 Support
Oct 8, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE Amex: ONT) has announced that it has released its new flagship hardware video decoder design, the Hantro™ 9190. The 9190 is the tenth generation of the Hantro line of decoders.
News categories: On2, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
On2 takes licence to produce DivX IP Video cores
Sep 15, 2009 – DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) and On2 Technologies Finland have announced a license agreement for DivX® technology. The agreement enables On2 to develop hardware-based semiconductor IP video cores capable of decoding high quality DivX Home Theater video.
News categories: DivX, On2, Licensing, Media Player, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
On2 Technologies Introduces Hantro 9170 HD Video Decoder
Apr 9, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE AMEX:ONT) has announced the availability of its ninth-generation hardware video codec design, the Hantro™ 9170. The design supports video playback up to full HD (1080p) resolution at 60 frames per second (fps) in multiple formats.
News categories: On2, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent
- Salzburg AG launches 'TV Plus' IPTV with Ocilion
- Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance releases 1st set of specifications
- Orange France launches Livebox 5 gateway