Digital TV News: Jim Funk
TCL announces Roku TV line-up for the U.S.
Aug 19, 2014 – TCL and Roku have announced availability of the TCL Roku TV line-up. TCL will offer four TCL Roku TV models: 32" 32FS4610R ($229), 40" 40FS4610R ($329), 48" 48FS4610R ($499), and 55" 55FS4610R ($649).
News categories: Roku, TCL, Chris Larson, Jim Funk, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Hisense Roku TV H4 series to hit U.S. stores soon
Aug 19, 2014 – Hisense and Roku have announced availability of the Hisense Roku TV H4 Series to the U.S. market. Roku TV is a simplified smart TV that uses the Roku OS to enable consumers to enjoy entertainment whether on-demand, streamed or live.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Peter Erdman, Jim Funk, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Roku announces HDMI Roku Streaming Stick
Mar 4, 2014 – Roku has announced the new Roku® Streaming Stick™ (HDMI® version). The compact stick plugs into an HDMI port for a streamlined look suitable for wall-mounted TVs.
News categories: Roku, Jim Funk, Canada, Ireland, OTT, Set Top Box, UK, USA
Roku introduces all-new family of streaming players
Sep 25, 2013 – Roku® has announced a new family of streaming players. The Roku LT player will be available in the U.S. while the Roku 1 and Roku 2 players will be available in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and the Republic of Ireland.
News categories: Roku, Jim Funk, Canada, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Set Top Box, UK, USA
DISH Launches DISHWorld Service on Roku Streaming Platform
May 23, 2012 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) and Roku have announced the launch of DISHWorld on the Roku streaming platform, in the U.S. The service enables DISH to expand its distribution of ethnic channels into urban and MDU markets difficult to reach by satellite.
News categories: Roku, DISH Network, DISHWorld, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free