Digital TV News: Khin Sandi Lynn
HDR sets will surpass 4K TV shipments in 2020
May 24, 2017 – ABI Research forecasts that HDR television shipments will grow at a 41% CAGR and reach 245 million units in 2022. 8K TV sets are still years away from permeating the global market.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Streaming Media Adapters to be all 4K in leading regions by 2022
May 10, 2017 – ABI Research has identified that worldwide streaming media adapters will reach nearly 56 million shipments in 2022 and forecasts all those devices shipping in North America and western Europe will be 4K in 2022.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Khin Sandi Lynn, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, North America, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Market focus switching to live linear OTT video services
Jan 19, 2017 – Service providers are decreasing marketing on their cable, satellite, and IPTV products that offer managed quality of service in favor of new products that use over the top (OTT) technologies to compete with Amazon and Netflix.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Khin Sandi Lynn, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA, Worldwide
4K TV market split between Dolby Vision and HDR10
Aug 24, 2016 – According to ABI Research, TV manufacturers are offering High Dynamic Range (HDR) enhancement in 4K TV sets to increase their market appeal, but many are still struggling to choose between one of two new standards: Dolby Vision and HDR10.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Fiber-optic broadband CPE device shipments to increase 12% in 2015
Aug 13, 2015 – Worldwide broadband CPE shipments are expected to reach 153.6 million by the end of 2015. The DSL broadband device market will mainly be driven by upgrades to higher speed platforms, whilst cable companies are testing transmission using DOCSIS 3.1.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, Khin Sandi Lynn, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Fibre, Market Research, Worldwide
Pay TV market to reach 1.1 billion subscribers by 2020
Jun 19, 2015 – The worldwide pay-TV market surpassed more than 900 million subscribers in 1Q 2015, representing 48% penetration. The market is likely to grow steadily over the next 5 years, mainly boosted by emerging markets, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, Khin Sandi Lynn, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
802.11ac Wi-Fi CPE shipments to hit 71 million units in 2015
Apr 22, 2015 – The consumer Wi-Fi equipment market increased 5% in 2014, surpassing 166.1 million unit shipments, according to ABI Research. Shipments of devices which support the 802.11ac standard represented more than 11% of total access point shipments.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, CPE, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Global pay TV subscriber base to pass 1.1 Billion in 2020
Mar 25, 2015 – According to ABI Research, the worldwide pay TV market grew at a steady rate of 4% in 2014 to reach 923.5 million subscribers. Worldwide the pay TV market is expected to surpass 1.1 billion subscribers in 2020 with a CAGR 2.7%.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Global pay TV subscriber base to pass 924.4 million in 2014
Feb 13, 2015 – The worldwide pay-TV market is expected to grow 5% in 2014, surpassing 924.4 million subscribers according to ABI Research. IPTV is expected to grow by a market-leading 14%.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature