Digital TV News: MIPTV
MIPTV 2020 cancelled
Mar 4, 2020 – Reed MIDEM has announces that MIPTV 2020, scheduled to take place March 30-April 2 in Cannes, has been cancelled due to concerns related to the coronavirus (Covid-19). The next edition of MIPTV will take place April 12-15, 2021.
News categories: MIPTV, Paul Zilk, Digital TV, Show
Samsung and Wuaki expand 4K HDR availability in Europe
Apr 4, 2017 – Samsung and Rakuten Wuaki have announced the expanded availability of Samsung’s TV PLUS service at MIPTV in Cannes. With this announcement, Rakuten Wuaki, partnered with Samsung, becomes the first VOD service to sell newly released, premium 4K HDR movies across Europe.
News categories: Samsung, Wuaki, Heeman Lee, Jacinto Roca, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Smart TV
SatLink launches Hot Bird DVB-S2 platform for HD in Europe
Apr 7, 2014 – SatLink Communications has announced the launch of a DVB-S2 platform on Eutelsat’s Hot Bird satellite. The service has been developed to meet the growing demand for HD content via satellite.
News categories: SatLink, David Hochner, Content Distribution, Europe, Satellite
SES uses MIPTV in Cannes to drive Ultra HD forward
Apr 10, 2013 – SES (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) has announced the launch of its 'SES Ultra HD Experience' initiative at MIPTV which invites content providers and broadcasters to work with SES to support the development of the Ultra HD value chain.
News categories: SES S.A, Satellite
Sony to show 4K Ultra HD at MIPTV
Apr 3, 2013 – As part of its 50th anniversary theme of Screening the Future, MIPTV has partnered with Sony Corporation to present what will be the next game-changing innovation in television's evolution, ultra-high-definition. MIPTV will take place in Cannes, 8-11 April 2013.
News categories: MIPTV, Sony Corp, Broadcasting, Content Distribution
Singapore plans nationwide 3D trial
Apr 14, 2010 – At MIPTV in Cannes, the Media Development Authority of Singapore revealed that it plans to launch a nationwide 3D television trial this year, possibly in August in time for the Youth Olympic Games (YOG) that Singapore is hosting.
News categories: Media Development Authority, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Singapore, Terrestrial, VR
Starling: new social TV platform to revolutionize TV viewing
Apr 13, 2010 – Starling, a new social TV platform, launches its first version today. Designed for mobile devices, tablet computers and the web, it provides viewers with a platform to chat, play, and interact - around a show, and with each other.
News categories: Starling, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Social TV
DTT comes of age in Europe
Apr 1, 2009 – Recent data from the MAVISE TV database shows the continued expansion of television channels in the European television market. There are now a total of 5587 channels (plus 412 non-European channels) available in the 29 countries.
News categories: MAVISE, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Market Research, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Terrestrial, Turkey, UK
Orange TV will cover more than 98% of French households from July 3rd as part of its triple play offer
May 19, 2008 – As part of the deployment by France Telecom (Euronext Paris: FTE) of the Orange triple play offer (telephone, Internet, TV), 24 million French households (98.3% of the mainland population) will be able to enjoy Orange TV from July 3rd.
News categories: France Telecom, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Satellite
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues