Digital TV News: Malcolm Johnson
Broadband Forum promotes G.fast for Ultra HD broadband access
Dec 8, 2014 – The Broadband Forum has announced support for the new ITU-T ultra broadband access standard, G.fast, as a way to deliver bandwidth intensive consumer applications such as 4K Ultra High-Definition TV (4K UHD) and cloud-based consumer applications.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Consumer Electronics Association, International Telecommunication Union, Robin Mersh, Gary Shapiro, Malcolm Johnson, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Worldwide
OKI completes IPv6-based 4K video distribution trial
Mar 21, 2013 – OKI (TOKYO:6703) recently concluded successful trials based on the OKI MediaServer video distribution system as part of efforts to promote ITU-T IPTV Standards. These trials involved the distribution of 4K video content based on state-of-the-art IPTV technologies.
News categories: Oki Electric, Content Distribution, IPTV
ITU-T Ratifies G.hn Standard for Wired Home Networking
Oct 9, 2009 – The HomeGrid Forum has announced that the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T) has successfully agreed upon the key components of the G.hn specification at its meeting held at the United Nations in Geneva.
News categories: HomeGrid Forum, ITU-T, Smart Home
New global standard for fully networked home
Dec 12, 2008 – The first global standard offering an in-home, high-speed network capable of delivering room-to-room HDTV has been agreed by ITU. The 'G.hn' standard promises high quality multimedia over power, coaxial, phone and other home network wiring.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, HomeGrid Forum, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, Set Top Box, Smart Home
IPTV Focus Group online standards compendium
Apr 16, 2008 – The proceedings of the IPTV Focus Group (IPTV FG) have been collected in an online document. They are the result of 20 months hard work by the Focus Group which has now been passed on to the IPTV-GSI (global standards initiative).
News categories: IPTV Focus Group, Digital TV, IPTV
ITU announces first global set of standards for IPTV
Dec 18, 2007 – The standards were built with technical contributions from leading service providers and manufacturers from the information and communication technology (ICT) sector and cement ITU's role as the global leader in IPTV standards development.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV, IPTV
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019