Digital TV News: Matt Bond
Peacock to be available on VIZIO and LG Smart TVs at launch
Jun 24, 2020 – Peacock will be available on VIZIO and LG Smart TVs when it launches on July 15. Peacock will offer a free tier, plus a Peacock Premium service at $4.99 per month - upgradable to ad-free for an extra $5 per month.
News categories: Peacock, NBCUniversal, VIZIO, LG, Maggie McLean Suniewick, Matt Bond, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Peacock to be available on Google platforms at launch
Jun 23, 2020 – Peacock has announced that it will be available on Google platforms and devices including Android, Android TV devices, Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices on July 15, 2020.
News categories: Peacock, NBCUniversal, Google, Maggie McLean Suniewick, Matt Bond, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Peacock to be available on Xbox One at launch
May 7, 2020 – Peacock, NBCUniversal's new streaming service, has announced that it will be available on Microsoft's Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One S and Xbox One X, when it launches in the U.S. on July 15, 2020.
News categories: Peacock, NBCUniversal, Xbox, Maggie McLean Suniewick, Matt Bond, www.nbcuniversal.com/, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, USA
NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
Jan 14, 2019 – NBCUniversal has announced the planned launch of a new streaming service providing consumers access to premium content for free, with valuable partnership opportunities for advertisers and distributors.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Bonnie Hammer, Steve Burke, Maggie Suniewick, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up NBCUniversal for its upcoming live TV streaming service
May 1, 2017 – Hulu and NBCUniversal have reached a distribution agreement that will bring NBC and Telemundo Owned Television Stations and portfolio of cable networks to Hulu’s upcoming new live TV streaming service.
News categories: Hulu, NBCUniversal, Mike Hopkins, Matt Bond, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Comcast Makes On Demand Online Video Entertainment Available Nationally
Dec 15, 2009 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced that it has made its On Demand Online experience available nationally. Comcast customers will have access to titles from the cable channels in their subscription packages at no additional cost.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025
- All-time high for streaming video according to Limelight Networks
- ZTE joins Netflix Hailstorm set top box program
- fuboTV announces closing of Public Offering
- COVID-19 pandemic accelerates cord-cutting in 2020
- Household media spend stabilized in Sweden in Q3
- G-Core Labs introduces global streaming platform
- EMEA Smart Home market expected to rebound in 2H 2020
- Freeview Play launches on Amazon Fire TV Edition
- 3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente
- Spectrum Evolution and VSatcast virtualize NextGen TV Broadcast Internet
- Italy set for video entertainment surge in 2021