Digital TV News: National Association of Broadcasters
Samsung adds NEXTGEN TV to 2020 QLED 8K line-up
Jan 5, 2020 – Samsung has announced that its upcoming 2020 QLED 8K television lineup will offer ATSC 3.0 tuners. The next-generation broadcast standard is designed to usher in a new era of over-the-air TV broadcasting.
News categories: Samsung, Hyogun Lee, ATSC, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
'NEXTGEN TV' announced as go-to-market name for ATSC 3.0
Sep 26, 2019 – The CTA has announced 'NEXTGEN TV' as the go-to-market name for ATSC 3.0 technology. The association also unveiled a NEXTGEN TV logo for devices meeting newly developed ATSC 3.0 interoperability test specifications.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, John Taylor, ATSC, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
Cleveland field test shows ATSC 3.0 UHD HDR in a challenging urban environment
May 23, 2019 – In a field test conducted under the auspices of the NAB in Cleveland, OH, an engineering team of industry participants showed how ATSC 3.0 can enhance the technological performance and economic value of existing broadcast infrastructures.
News categories: Technicolor, National Association of Broadcasters, Alan Stein, Kelly Williams, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Dooya TV picks dotstudioPRO SaaS distribution platform
Apr 12, 2019 – Dooya Media Group (DMG) has signed a deal with dotstudioPRO for its AVOD offering, Dooya TV. dotstudioPRO's cloud-based distribution and monetization platform allows Dooya TV to launch a variety of features and provides flexibility in combining business models.
News categories: dotstudioPRO, Dooya, Joe Pascual, John T. Wells, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA
ATBA and ARK create low-power TV standards and practices group
Apr 8, 2019 – The Advanced Television Broadcasting Alliance (ATBA) has announced the formation of the LPTV Industry Standards and Practices Group. The group will encourage the LPTV industry to work together to operate and monetize new TV services based on ATSC 3.0.
News categories: ATBA, ARK Mediacom, Lee Miller, Caleb Weiss, Vern Fotheringham, ATSC, Digital TV, USA
HISPASAT shows on-demand satellite video at NAB 2019
Apr 8, 2019 – During NAB, visitors to the HISPASAT stand will be able to experience a hybrid television demo which provides on-demand satellite video services (Push VoD), allowing broadcasters to offer a complete user experience combining on-demand content with linear TV.
News categories: HISPASAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Satellite, Worldwide
Intel and Netflix announce SVT-AV1 video codec at The NAB Show
Apr 8, 2019 – At The NAB Show, Intel and Netflix announced a high-performance video codec that is available as open source and royalty-free to content creators, developers and service providers. Scalable Video Technology for AV1 (SVT-AV1) offers performance and scalability in video processing.
News categories: Intel Corp, Netflix, Lynn Comp, David Ronca, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
U.S. proposes ATSC 3.0 as an international digital broadcast standard
Apr 8, 2019 – The U.S. has proposed to the ITU adoption of the ATSC 3.0 digital broadcast standard for use by all countries in the world. The proposal is the first major step in the evaluation process for worldwide acceptance of the standard.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, International Telecommunication Union, Jerald Fritz, ATSC, Digital TV, Worldwide
Phoenix Model Market to add second transmission site and SFN broadcasts
Apr 4, 2019 – The Phoenix Model Market project will soon expand beyond a single Next-Gen TV transmission tower to include an additional Single Frequency Network (SFN) station, to help broadcasters evaluate the benefits of SFN transmissions.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform