Digital TV News: Niraj Desai
DISH adds hands-free DVR control via Amazon Alexa
May 22, 2017 – DISH customers with a Hopper or Wally and an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot or Amazon Tap can now watch hands-free TV with Alexa. DISH is the first TV provider to offer direct compatibility with Amazon Alexa.
News categories: DISH, Amazon, Niraj Desai, Rob Pulciani, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA, UX
DISH now on Amazon Fire TV
May 22, 2017 – DISH has extended its DISH Anywhere app experience to customers’ big screen TVs through Amazon Fire TV products. This marks the first time customers can use a media player to access DISH Anywhere on any TV with an HDMI input, either at home or on the go.
News categories: DISH, Niraj Desai, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
DISH and Amazon add Alexa Voice Control to Hopper DVR
Jan 3, 2017 – DISH customers can soon watch hands-free, voice-controlled TV by pairing a Hopper DVR with the Amazon Echo or Echo Dot, both Alexa devices. DISH is the first TV provider to announce direct compatibility with Amazon Alexa.
News categories: DISH Network, Amazon, Niraj Desai, Rob Pulciani, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
YouTube app debuts on DISH's Hopper 3 DVR
Oct 21, 2016 – The YouTube app has is now available on DISH's Hopper 3 DVR. DISH customers can now access their favorite TV shows and the Internet's most popular videos without changing inputs or devices.
News categories: DISH Network, Niraj Desai, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service