Digital TV News: Niraj Desai
DISH adds hands-free DVR control via Amazon Alexa
May 22, 2017 – DISH customers with a Hopper or Wally and an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot or Amazon Tap can now watch hands-free TV with Alexa. DISH is the first TV provider to offer direct compatibility with Amazon Alexa.
News categories: DISH, Amazon, Niraj Desai, Rob Pulciani, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA, UX
DISH now on Amazon Fire TV
May 22, 2017 – DISH has extended its DISH Anywhere app experience to customers’ big screen TVs through Amazon Fire TV products. This marks the first time customers can use a media player to access DISH Anywhere on any TV with an HDMI input, either at home or on the go.
News categories: DISH, Niraj Desai, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
DISH and Amazon add Alexa Voice Control to Hopper DVR
Jan 3, 2017 – DISH customers can soon watch hands-free, voice-controlled TV by pairing a Hopper DVR with the Amazon Echo or Echo Dot, both Alexa devices. DISH is the first TV provider to announce direct compatibility with Amazon Alexa.
News categories: DISH Network, Amazon, Niraj Desai, Rob Pulciani, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
YouTube app debuts on DISH's Hopper 3 DVR
Oct 21, 2016 – The YouTube app has is now available on DISH's Hopper 3 DVR. DISH customers can now access their favorite TV shows and the Internet's most popular videos without changing inputs or devices.
News categories: DISH Network, Niraj Desai, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV