Digital TV News: Omantel
Omantel offers Humax OTT Android set-top box
Jun 19, 2016 – Omantel has announced the launch of Humax H1 – an Android set-top box that bundles popular content providers including beIN Sports, ICFLIX, Starz Play, Mavshack, OSN GO, Kids content and YouTube.
News categories: Omantel, Humax, Saleh Al Maimani, Digital TV, Middleware, Oman, OTT, Set Top Box
Omantel opts for ARRIS set-top boxes
Apr 24, 2016 – Omantel has selected ARRIS VIP2262v2 DVR set-tops to deliver DVR capabilities and on-demand HD content for its new Omantel TV+ service. Omantel subscribers will use the ARRIS set-tops to access more than 450 TV channels over their broadband connection.
News categories: ARRIS, Omantel, Steve McCaffery, Ali Haded, Digital TV, IPTV, Oman, Set Top Box
Omantel launches its IPTV service
Jan 27, 2016 – Omantel has announced the launch of Omantel TV+, its IPTV service. Omantel TV+ will enable subscribers to watch news, sports, entertainment and the latest movies, with 450+ popular TV channels, 1100+ movies and 3500+ TV series.
News categories: Omantel, Talal Al Mamari, Haitham Al Kharusi, Digital TV, IPTV, Oman
Omantel to offer IPTV based on du's technology platform
Oct 21, 2015 – du has announced that it has signed an IPTV partnership agreement with Omantel, Oman’s largest telecom operator. Through the tie up, Omantel will be able to launch IPTV in its local market using du’s IPTV platform.
News categories: 'du', Omantel, Osman Sultan, Talal Said Marhoon Al Mamari, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Oman
Pakistan's WorldCall selects Verimatrix Cardless DVB Security
Jun 17, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that WorldCall Telecom has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for DVB to secure its digital cable (DVB-C) network.
News categories: Verimatrix, WorldCall Telecom, Furqan Ahman Mubarik, Steve Oetegenn, Cable TV, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Pakistan
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030