Digital TV News: Omantel
Omantel offers Humax OTT Android set-top box
Jun 19, 2016 – Omantel has announced the launch of Humax H1 – an Android set-top box that bundles popular content providers including beIN Sports, ICFLIX, Starz Play, Mavshack, OSN GO, Kids content and YouTube.
News categories: Omantel, Humax, Saleh Al Maimani, Digital TV, Middleware, Oman, OTT, Set Top Box
Omantel opts for ARRIS set-top boxes
Apr 24, 2016 – Omantel has selected ARRIS VIP2262v2 DVR set-tops to deliver DVR capabilities and on-demand HD content for its new Omantel TV+ service. Omantel subscribers will use the ARRIS set-tops to access more than 450 TV channels over their broadband connection.
News categories: ARRIS, Omantel, Steve McCaffery, Ali Haded, Digital TV, IPTV, Oman, Set Top Box
Omantel launches its IPTV service
Jan 27, 2016 – Omantel has announced the launch of Omantel TV+, its IPTV service. Omantel TV+ will enable subscribers to watch news, sports, entertainment and the latest movies, with 450+ popular TV channels, 1100+ movies and 3500+ TV series.
News categories: Omantel, Talal Al Mamari, Haitham Al Kharusi, Digital TV, IPTV, Oman
Omantel to offer IPTV based on du's technology platform
Oct 21, 2015 – du has announced that it has signed an IPTV partnership agreement with Omantel, Oman’s largest telecom operator. Through the tie up, Omantel will be able to launch IPTV in its local market using du’s IPTV platform.
News categories: 'du', Omantel, Osman Sultan, Talal Said Marhoon Al Mamari, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Oman
Pakistan's WorldCall selects Verimatrix Cardless DVB Security
Jun 17, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that WorldCall Telecom has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for DVB to secure its digital cable (DVB-C) network.
News categories: Verimatrix, WorldCall Telecom, Furqan Ahman Mubarik, Steve Oetegenn, Cable TV, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Pakistan
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023