Digital TV News: OpenVault
Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
Aug 15, 2019 – Subscribers’ broadband usage patterns can be predictors of cord-cutting, according to an OpenVault report. The study shows how subscribers who shift to broadband-only packages exhibit steadily increasing broadband consumption in the months preceding the change.
News categories: OpenVault, Josh Barstow, Big Data, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Grupo TVCable using OpenVault to optimize performance and UX
Oct 9, 2018 – OpenVault has announced a trial with Ecuador’s largest cable operator, Grupo TVCable. Using OpenVault’s cloud-based tools, Grupo TVCable is to use better visibility of its network to optimize capacity and provide the most responsive services to as many users as possible.
News categories: OpenVault, Grupo TVCable, Tony Costa, Jorge Schwartz, George Kassas, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ecuador, Satellite, UX
OpenVault and FourthWall partner on set-top box diagnostic data
Jan 22, 2015 – OpenVault and FourthWall Media have announced an agreement for OpenVault to license set-top box diagnostic data from FourthWall. The data will be integrated with OpenVault's cable modem data for reports on video and data network health for MVPD customers.
News categories: FourthWall, OpenVault, Bill Feininger, Rich Evans, Cable TV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey