Digital TV News: Peter White
Global media technology revenues decline 4.3% in 2015
Feb 24, 2016 – The total market for media technology products and services declined 4.3% to $49.3bn in 2015, according to the 2016 Global Market Valuation and Strategy Report (GMVR), published by IABM DC, a joint venture between IABM and Devoncroft Partners.
News categories: IABM, Devoncroft Partners, Peter White, Joe Zaller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
High Definition Video to Internet Computers, Cell Phones and Handhelds Aim of New Agreement Between Broadcast International and On2 Technologies
Jan 7, 2008 – Broadcast International (OTCBB:BCST) and On2 Technologies (AMEX:ONT) have announced an agreement to make real-time, high quality video, including high-definition (HD) video, accessible anywhere to capable network-connected devices.
News categories: On2 Technologies, Broadcast International, CES, Content Distribution, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting
Motorola Celebrates Shipping Two Million IP Set-Top Boxes
Sep 7, 2007 – Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) has announced that it has shipped its two millionth Internet Protocol (IP) set-top box. The milestone was reached just five months after the shipment of its one millionth IP set-top box.
News categories: Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Results, Set Top Box, Sweden
Over 240 Million TV-Enabled Handsets and Over $2.9 Billion of Infrastructure Equipment To Be Sold By 2011
Apr 16, 2007 – MRG has announced a sweeping new Mobile TV Market analysis and forecast that provides a ground-up analysis of over 70 trials and deployments, using both the better-known DVB-H and MediaFLO technologies and other technologies like DVB-S, 3G, DAB IP, T-DMB, S-DMB and WiMAX.
News categories: Multimedia Research Group (MRG), 5G, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware