Digital TV News: Peter White
Global media technology revenues decline 4.3% in 2015
Feb 24, 2016 – The total market for media technology products and services declined 4.3% to $49.3bn in 2015, according to the 2016 Global Market Valuation and Strategy Report (GMVR), published by IABM DC, a joint venture between IABM and Devoncroft Partners.
News categories: IABM, Devoncroft Partners, Peter White, Joe Zaller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
High Definition Video to Internet Computers, Cell Phones and Handhelds Aim of New Agreement Between Broadcast International and On2 Technologies
Jan 7, 2008 – Broadcast International (OTCBB:BCST) and On2 Technologies (AMEX:ONT) have announced an agreement to make real-time, high quality video, including high-definition (HD) video, accessible anywhere to capable network-connected devices.
News categories: On2 Technologies, Broadcast International, CES2020, Content Distribution, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting
Motorola Celebrates Shipping Two Million IP Set-Top Boxes
Sep 7, 2007 – Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) has announced that it has shipped its two millionth Internet Protocol (IP) set-top box. The milestone was reached just five months after the shipment of its one millionth IP set-top box.
News categories: Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Results, Set Top Box, Sweden
Over 240 Million TV-Enabled Handsets and Over $2.9 Billion of Infrastructure Equipment To Be Sold By 2011
Apr 16, 2007 – MRG has announced a sweeping new Mobile TV Market analysis and forecast that provides a ground-up analysis of over 70 trials and deployments, using both the better-known DVB-H and MediaFLO technologies and other technologies like DVB-S, 3G, DAB IP, T-DMB, S-DMB and WiMAX.
News categories: Multimedia Research Group (MRG), 5G, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart TV
- OTT video revenue to grow to over $200 billion by 2024
- Comscore to measure The Cowboy Channel and RFD-TV audiences
- MRI-Simmons and FourthWall Media partner to provide custom TV audiences
- EUTELSAT 7C enters into commercial service
- 52% of U.S. Smart Speaker owners are controlling TV with voice
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology