Digital TV News: Peter White
Global media technology revenues decline 4.3% in 2015
Feb 24, 2016 – The total market for media technology products and services declined 4.3% to $49.3bn in 2015, according to the 2016 Global Market Valuation and Strategy Report (GMVR), published by IABM DC, a joint venture between IABM and Devoncroft Partners.
News categories: IABM, Devoncroft Partners, Peter White, Joe Zaller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
High Definition Video to Internet Computers, Cell Phones and Handhelds Aim of New Agreement Between Broadcast International and On2 Technologies
Jan 7, 2008 – Broadcast International (OTCBB:BCST) and On2 Technologies (AMEX:ONT) have announced an agreement to make real-time, high quality video, including high-definition (HD) video, accessible anywhere to capable network-connected devices.
News categories: On2 Technologies, Broadcast International, CES2021, Content Distribution, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting
Motorola Celebrates Shipping Two Million IP Set-Top Boxes
Sep 7, 2007 – Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) has announced that it has shipped its two millionth Internet Protocol (IP) set-top box. The milestone was reached just five months after the shipment of its one millionth IP set-top box.
News categories: Digital TV, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Results, Set Top Box, Sweden
Over 240 Million TV-Enabled Handsets and Over $2.9 Billion of Infrastructure Equipment To Be Sold By 2011
Apr 16, 2007 – MRG has announced a sweeping new Mobile TV Market analysis and forecast that provides a ground-up analysis of over 70 trials and deployments, using both the better-known DVB-H and MediaFLO technologies and other technologies like DVB-S, 3G, DAB IP, T-DMB, S-DMB and WiMAX.
News categories: Multimedia Research Group (MRG), 5G, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart TV
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0