Digital TV News: Thinh Tran
Sigma Designs Introduces Reference Design Featuring Quantenna Wi-Fi Technology
Jan 4, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a unique set-top box (STB) reference design with Quantenna's high performance 802.11n 4x4 MIMO technology that enables Sigma's STB to receive video wirelessly.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Quantenna, CES2021, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Sigma Designs Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2012 Results
Aug 24, 2011 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its quarter ended July 30, 2011. Net revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2012 was $46.7 million, down $26.6 million, or 36%, from $73.3 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor
Sigma Designs Unveils Industry's Most Advanced, Ultra-Thin Set-Top-Box Design
Jun 20, 2011 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) is poised to energize the set-top-box market by unveiling the industry's most advanced platform reference design, enabling an experience only found in devices that are combined with networking gateways.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Sigma Designs and Vietnam Multimedia Corporation Establish Joint Venture
Apr 18, 2011 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) and Vietnam Multimedia Corporation (VTC) have announced that they have reached an agreement to establish a joint venture to develop and market set-top boxes, smart energy products and home connectivity solutions.
News categories: Sigma Designs, VTC, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Vietnam
Sigma Designs Brings 'Hollywood Experience' to the Living Room at CES 2011
Jan 4, 2011 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that it will showcase at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show, new products and award-winning solutions that bring the first studio-quality entertainment experience to the living room.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Thinh Tran, Blu-ray, CES2021, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Sigma Designs Launches First Studio-Grade Set Top Box SoC
Jan 3, 2011 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has introduced its SMP8910 media processor. The SMP8910 is the first chip to integrate VXP studio quality video processing and the most flexible 3D video processing into a high-performance media processor.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, VR
MIPS Technologies Announces Strategic Alliance with Imagination Technologies
Apr 26, 2010 – MIPS Technologies (NASDAQ: MIPS) has announced that MIPS and Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG) have formed a strategic alliance to ensure the optimum system solution and support for customers combining IP from both companies.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, MIPS Technologies, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Sigma Launches New Organization With Strategic Business Groups
Apr 19, 2010 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ:SIGM) has announced a company reorganization. The reorganization includes the launch of two strategic business groups - the Media Processor Business Group and the Home Connectivity Business Group - as well as a Worldwide Sales Group.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Sigma Designs to Acquire CopperGate Communications
Oct 13, 2009 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ:SIGM) and CopperGate Communications have announced that the companies have entered into a definitive agreement for Sigma to acquire CopperGate in a cash and stock transaction with an agreed value of $160 million.
News categories: Sigma Designs, CopperGate, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024