Digital TV News: Conax
Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
May 13, 2013 — Conax has announced that Bhagyanagar Digital Services has selected Conax to deliver the MSO's cable TV operators with a cost effective and flexible content security (CAS) solution for enabling smooth digital migration and development of subscriber bases.
News categories: Conax, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, India
Aston ST-based MAYA HD satellite receiver targets MENA market
Mar 13, 2013 — Aston has announced the availability on the MENA market of its MAYA HD PVR satellite receiver. The new MAYA HD PVR Satellite receiver is built around the latest-generation HD H.264 STiH237 (Cardiff) decoder chipset from STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Aston, STMicroelectronics, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Nigeria's DAARSAT upgrades to next generation Conax content protection
Mar 13, 2013 — Conax has announced that Nigerian operator DAARSAT has reconfirmed its commitment to Conax as its security partner by upgrading to the Conax Contego Broadcast™ content security system. The new solution will aid DAARSAT in securing its DTH and DTT platforms.
News categories: Conax, DAAR, Content Protection, Nigeria, Satellite, Terrestrial
Aston and Mstar release State of the Art Satellite receiver at CABSAT
Mar 13, 2013 — Exclusively for CABSAT, Aston presents its new satellite receiver, XENA® HD Twin +, in card-less version. The XENA® HD Twin + is the outcome of a new partnership with MStar Semiconductor and Aston’s historic partnership with Viaccess.
News categories: Aston, MStar Semi, Viaccess, Conditional Access, HbbTV, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Excaf Télécom Senegal secures future growth with content protection from Conax Contego Broadcast™
Mar 12, 2013 — Conax has announced that Senegal's Excaf Télécom has upgraded to the next generation Conax Contego Broadcast™ content protection solution, reconfirming its commitment to security partner Conax. Excaf Télécom deployed its first Conax solution in 2005.
News categories: Conax, Excaf Télécom, Content Protection, MMDS, Senegal, Terrestrial
Canal Digital subscribers down 20,000 in 2012
Feb 13, 2013 — Telenor has reported results for the fourth quarter of 2012. The company finished 2012 with 945,000 subscribers to its Canal Digital pay TV services, down from 965,000 at the end of 2011.
News categories: Telenor, Canal Digital, Cable TV, Finland, IPTV, Norway, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden
Aston releases Mstar Semiconductor-based satellite receiver
Jan 31, 2013 — At CSTB in Moscow, Aston has introduced its XENA HD Twin +. The new twin tuner, MPEG-4 HD PVR DVB-S2 satellite receiver is packed with the best of Aston technology and is the outcome of a partnership with MStar Semiconductor.
News categories: Aston, MStar Semi, CSTB, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Conax and Quadrille partner to launch Push-VOD turnkey solution
Jan 30, 2013 — Conax and Quadrille have announced that they have teamed up to bring on the market a combined version of their respective best-selling products: Conax Contego™ and Quadrille’s QuadriFast Push VOD solution.
News categories: Conax, Quadrille, Content Protection, CSTB, Infrastructure
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results