Advertising (Targeted Advertising, Programmatic Advertising, AdTech)
TheViewPoint adds header bidding for CTV/OTT monetization
Feb 4, 2021 – TheViewPoint has integrated Header Bidding, providing publishers with the ability to receive bids from multiple SSPs simultaneously. The technology is based on the OpenRTB protocol, rather than VAST.
News categories: TheViewPoint, Daniel Elad, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Comscore brings cookie-free CTV audience targeting to Europe
Feb 4, 2021 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced the expansion of Predictive Audiences – a cookie-free, GDPR-friendly targeting capability that enables advertisers to reach audiences based on CTV viewership behavior - starting with the UK and Germany.
News categories: Comscore, Guido Fambach, Rachel Gantz, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, OTT, UK
Kantar retains Slovakian TV audience measurement contract
Feb 3, 2021 – Kantar has announced the extension of its contract with PMT – the Slovakian joint industry committee for TV – to continue providing the official TV Audience Measurement data for Slovakia until 2029.
News categories: Kantar, PMT, Keld Nielsen, Vladimir Fatika, Advertising, Big Data, Slovakia
Comscore and Ipsos extend audience measurement in Mexico
Feb 3, 2021 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced a new agreement with Ipsos to deliver enhanced measurement for the Mexican market. The companies plan to offer daily information, which can be examined individually at any time and place.
News categories: Comscore, Ipsos, Carol Hinnant, Jorge Vargas, Advertising, Big Data, Mexico
Univision signs up to Project OAR
Feb 2, 2021 – Univision has announced that it has joined Project OAR, the consortium of American media companies created to establish a common technology for dynamic, addressable advertising management for TV.
News categories: Univision, Project OAR, Donna Speciale, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
AdAmp launches to help small U.S. businesses use TV advertising
Feb 2, 2021 – AdAmp has officially come online. AdAmp is set up to help small and medium-sized businesses secure ad placements within their local U.S. markets across traditional TV, digital and streaming platforms.
News categories: AdAmp, Stephen Saper, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
TVSquared brings standardized, cross-platform measurement to TV
Feb 2, 2021 – TVSquared has announced the launch of the ADvantage XP tier of its analytics platform. ADvantage XP measures the effectiveness of TV advertising through a scalable platform for linear, addressable and OTT/CTV.
News categories: TVSquared, Jo Kinsella, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Cadent expands TV identity graph partnership with Premion
Feb 2, 2021 – Cadent has announced that its cookieless matching technology, will unify audiences across Premion's inventory of branded networks and providers so that advertisers can activate cross-screen campaigns against custom segments.
News categories: Cadent, Premion, Tim Jenkins, Tom Cox, Advertising, Big Data, USA
NOS enhances UX with Media Distillery content analysis
Feb 2, 2021 – NOS has selected Media Distillery’s Deep Content Understanding technology to enhance the user experience and customer engagement of their video platform, by creating a ‘linear on demand’ viewing experience.
News categories: Media Distillery, NOS, Roland Sars, Joao Ferreira, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Portugal, UX
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results