Australia Digital TV News
Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
Aug 12, 2022 – According to GlobalData, pay TV revenues in Australia are set to decline in line with continuing losses in Cable TV and DTH subscriptions driven by cord-cutting and the growing popularity of OTT video alternatives.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
Aug 2, 2022 – Foxtel and Disney have announced an agreement to integrate the Disney+ app on the STBs of Foxtel subscribers, boosting Foxtel's streaming aggregation strategy and bringing together the world's best content all in one place.
News categories: Foxtel, Disney, Amanda Laing, Kylie Watson-Wheeler, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
Aug 1, 2022 – Research from Omdia has revealed that nonlinear viewing continues to gain greater hegemony in the viewing habits of TV users in the US, Europe and Australia with online long form and social media video growing beyond the previous year's boom.
News categories: Omdia, Rob Moyser, Australia, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, USA
Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
Jun 23, 2022 – Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) has announced a collaboration with Samsung Ads that will allow marketers in Australia to add Samsung CTV inventory to their programmatic media buy, including Samsung’s FAST service Samsung TV Plus.
News categories: Magnite, Samsung, James Young, Alexander Spurzem, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
Fetch TV rolls out Mighty Gen 4 personal video recorder
May 2, 2022 – Fetch TV has begun rolling out its latest set-top box, the Mighty Gen 4 Personal Video Recorder (PVR). The Mighty Gen 4 PVR is powered by the latest chipset and Wi-Fi technology, and is an upgrade to the Mighty Gen 3 PVR.
News categories: Fetch TV, Scott Lorson, Adam Turner, Trevor Long, Stephen Fenech, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Terrestrial
Telstra adopts Fetch as TV platform provider
Apr 28, 2022 – Telstra has selected Fetch as its platform for Telstra TV. Telstra will invest around A$50m including provision for onboarding Telstra TV customers onto Fetch, resulting in Telstra acquiring a 51% stake in the company.
News categories: Telstra, Fetch TV, Kim Krogh Andersen, Scott Lorson, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, UX
Stingray signs FAST Channels distribution agreement with TCL FALCON
Apr 20, 2022 – Stingray (TSX: RAY. A; RAY. B) has announced that it has reached an agreement for the distribution of a suite of free ad-supported channels (FAST channels) to TCL smart TVs in Australia, Brazil, India, Mexico and the United States.
News categories: Stingray, TCL FALCON, Manfred Orth, Rebecca Wan, Australia, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Mexico, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
MediaHub Australia selects Actus Digital for advanced monitoring
Apr 12, 2022 – Actus Digital has announced that MediaHub Australia is deploying its intelligent monitoring platform as part of a new mux-based DTT broadcast headend. Magna Systems and Engineering is providing deployment expertise, local technology, and technical support.
News categories: Actus Digital, MediaHub Australia, Sima Levy, Simon Scott, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, Terrestrial
Asia Pacific OTT revenues to climb by $20 billion
Mar 24, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Asia Pacific OTT TV revenues will reach $52bn in 2027, up 62% from the $32bn recorded in 2021. Of the additional revenues, China will add $3bn, India $3bn, South Korea $3bn and Japan $5bn.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Australia, China, Digital TV, India, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Streaming
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership