Belarus Digital TV News
Beltelecom expands DVB-T2 coverage in Belarus
Feb 24, 2015 – Beltelecom has announced that its DVB-T2 digital terrestrial television (DTT) service is now available from transmitters in Obukhovo, Skersi, Radoshkovichi and Valozhyn in Belarus.
News categories: Beltelecom, Belarus, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Beltelecom expands DVB-T2 pay TV coverage in Belarus
Nov 10, 2014 – Belarus national telecoms provider, Beltelecom, has announced the expansion of its Zala DVB-T2 pay TV service to more areas of the country. The operator has added the cities of Masty and Grodno in the Grodno region, taking coverage to around 40% of the territory of Belarus.
News categories: Beltelecom, Belarus, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Beltelecom expands DTT coverage in Belarus
Oct 27, 2014 – Beltelecom has announced that residents of the Baranovichy and Lyakhavichy districts in Belarus' Brest region, as well as the residents of the Karelichy district in the Grodno region are now able to receive the company's DTT service.
News categories: Beltelecom, Belarus, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
ALi partners with PESI on emerging market STBs
May 6, 2014 – ALi Corporation has announced that it has joined forces with Prime Electronics and Satellitics Inc. to provide various set-top box solutions targeting emerging markets.
News categories: ALi Corp, Prime Electronics, Daniel Hsieh, Tony Chang, Belarus, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Thailand
Belarus reaches 97.4% DTT coverage
Mar 5, 2014 – The Ministry of Communications and Informatization of the Republic of Belarus has given an update on the status of its project to move the country to DTT broadcasting. Currently 97.4% of households have access to digital TV with this figure expected to reach 98% later this year.
News categories: Ministry of Communications and Informatization, Belarus, Terrestrial
ALi partners with Huawei to deploy DVB-T2 STBs in Belarus
Jan 20, 2014 – ALi has announced that it has joined forces with Huawei and started mass production shipping of a DVB-T2 set-top box solution to a national telecommunication operator for deployment in the Republic of Belarus.
News categories: ALi Corp, Huawei, Tanyi, Tony Chang, Belarus, CSTB, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Beltelecom registers 400-thousandth ZALA subscriber
Oct 14, 2011 – Beltelecom has announced that the number of subscribers to its ZALA interactive television service in Belarus has reached 400,000. Beltelecom presented the 400-thousandth ZALA subscriber with a certificate for a free one-year subscription.
News categories: Beltelecom, ZALA, Belarus, IPTV, Subscribers
ZALA starts testing of the first 3D channel in Belarus
Jun 1, 2011 – On June 1st Beltelecom's interactive television service ZALA began test broadcasting of a 3D channel, available to customers subscribing to its HD package. It is the first 3D offering in Belarus.
News categories: Beltelecom, ZALA, Belarus, IPTV, VR
Belarus plans DVB-T2 broadcasting trial
Mar 29, 2011 – Belarusian telecommunications company Giprosvjaz has announced that it plans to conduct DVB-T2 DTT trials in the country in the May-June 2011 timeframe.
News categories: Giprosvjaz, BelGIE, Beltelecom, BRTBC, Belarus, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E